my computer makes me sneeze

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic was more than 180 days ago and therefore no further posts are allowed in this topic. If you wish to post about a similar subject, please start a new topic.
Thanks for your attention!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Ginachoo2_*

Guest_Ginachoo2_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2005 - 11:19 AM

I might go all day without a sneeze. But if I sit in front of my computer in the PM I might sneeze 4 or 5 times. At first I didnt think it was odd, but I am starting to wonder if it might be the light from the screen becasue the rest of my room is dark. Anyone else have this experience?
Gina

#2 ilikesneezes2000

ilikesneezes2000

Say what I like, like what I say

• Full Members
  • 2,172 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 11:49 AM

lol, that's pretty interesting. Bless you! :twisted:

Never happens to me though, but on rare occasions I'll sneeze while on the forum or even listening to a wav!  :drool:

Edited by ilikesneezes2000, 07 May 2005 - 11:50 AM.

#3 Lady Tori

Lady Tori

Huntress

• Full Members
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 02:06 PM

That does sound pretty unusual, Gina.  But thanks for sharing the obs.  And nice avatar! :drool:

#4 RB

RB

Proclaimer

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 03:12 PM

Ginachoo2, on May 7 2005, 07:19 AM, said:

I might go all day without a sneeze. But if I sit in front of my computer in the PM I might sneeze 4 or 5 times. At first I didnt think it was odd, but I am starting to wonder if it might be the light from the screen becasue the rest of my room is dark. Anyone else have this experience?
Gina

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Easy way to figure out if it's monitor. Turn on the computer but don't type for a few minutes. If you get a reaction, it's the light. More than likely, dust/pollen is settling on your keyboard during the day and between active typing and probably touching your nose unconciously, it's getting into your system.

#5 .K.

.K.

Posting Graduate

• Posters
  • 68 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 07:03 PM

Thanks for sharing and bless you!
Why don't you make a new wav? :drool:

#6 Sapphire

Sapphire

• VIP Members
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 07:09 PM

Well, she makes videos.

Yo!, on May 7 2005, 07:03 PM, said:

Thanks for sharing and bless you!
Why don't you make a new wav? :drool:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#7 Shayla

Shayla

Carbon based lifeform from sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha.

• Full Members
  • 2,813 posts
  • Location:A delusion of twisted reality in the midst of confusion.

Posted 07 May 2005 - 08:15 PM

It could me the fan from the computer kicking up dust and pollen in the air. I know that bothers me sometimes.

#8 Guest_Ginachoo2_*

Guest_Ginachoo2_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2005 - 08:28 PM

i am going to make a wave tonight, its obviously day and im fine, no sneezes, been sitting here 45 minutes. I think it just might be the light. Or maybe its all day build up and release in the evening.
Gina

ps. Was behind a woman at the store today. She sneezed and I said bless you. She sneezed a second time I said bless you again. But after I said the second bless you she kind of gave me a strange look.  :drool: I was thinking to myself, like is there a rule 1 god bless you per sneeze? I think its cool to bless strangers!

#9 shy guy

shy guy

• Members
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 12:49 AM

Ginachoo2, on May 7 2005, 04:28 PM, said:

ps. Was behind a woman at the store today. She sneezed and I said bless you. She sneezed a second time I said bless you again. But after I said the second bless you she kind of gave me a strange look.  :twisted: I was thinking to myself, like is there a rule 1 god bless you per sneeze? I think its cool to bless strangers!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I also think it's cool to bless strangers, but I sort of have this hang up about saying it more than once, as if saying it twice might seem unusual, and provoke a response similar to what you experienced.  If someone near me sneezes, and it looks like they're going to sneeze again, I'll wait until they sneeze the second time before I say bless you.  But then sometimes, they don't sneeze a second time, and then it might be too late to bless them for the first (and only) sneeze.  Man, sometimes life can be so frustrating! :drool:

Anyway, the person who gave you the strange look was probably just not a very nice person, because the only way to respond to a "bless you" is by saying "thank you," or some similar acknoledgement of the blessers thoughtfulness.

In response to the original subject about your computer making you sneeze, I'd have to agree with the dust theory.  I'm very sensitive to photic sneezing, but the light from a computer monitor has never set me off.  On the other hand, the insides of most computers are very dusty; maybe it's the fan turning on and stirring up the dust as Kythe suggested.

Thanks for posting your experience.  Looking forward to the wave!

#10 Guest_Ginachoo2_*

Guest_Ginachoo2_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2005 - 02:01 AM

can a wave be posted in this forum?
:whistle:

#11 roxylee21

roxylee21

New to our ranks

• Posters
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 04:14 AM

Ginachoo2, on May 7 2005, 06:19 AM, said:

Gina

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have had similar occurances.  I will go days without sneezing then when in front of my computer I do usually in doubles or triples.  Strange isn't it?

#12 ilikesneezes2000

ilikesneezes2000

• Full Members
  • 2,172 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 11:34 AM

Ginachoo2, on May 7 2005, 09:01 PM, said:

can a wave be posted in this forum?
:whistle:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think it can be posted directly on the forum, you'd have to send it out via e-mail or instant messenger.

#13 polychrome

polychrome

...and I would write 500 more!

• Members
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 12:22 PM

Couldn't it go in the gallery?  Or am I just confused again?  (I wouldn't be surprised if the latter were the case)

#14 Lynne

Lynne

Helen Wheels

• Honoured Members
  • 10,638 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 02:28 PM

I'm not a rude person by nature, but I just CAN NOT say "thank you" when I'm blessed by a total stranger... I get embarassed enough thanking people I know .... like "floor, please swallow me up now..." - VERY few exceptions :whistle:

#15 The Dead One

The Dead One

Keep Flying

• Full Members
  • 2,971 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 10:48 PM

Lynne, on May 8 2005, 03:28 PM, said:

I'm not a rude person by nature, but I just CAN NOT say "thank you" when I'm blessed by a total stranger... I get embarassed enough thanking people I know .... like "floor, please swallow me up now..." - VERY few exceptions :whistle:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's true with me with anyone too.
:laugh:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic was more than 180 days ago and therefore no further posts are allowed in this topic. If you wish to post about a similar subject, please start a new topic.
Thanks for your attention!