Sneezing after coughing (M)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic was more than 180 days ago and therefore no further posts are allowed in this topic. If you wish to post about a similar subject, please start a new topic.
Thanks for your attention!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 CarolinaGirl

CarolinaGirl

Posting Graduate

• Posters
  • 87 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 02:38 AM

This morning prompted me to write this, but I was on the phone with my ex this morning and he coughed and then sneezed 3 times in a row. *btw, he's a very vocal sneezer, he kind of 'says' ahh-choo when he sneezes*.  The 1st and 2nd sneeze are always very fast, back-to-back and then the 3rd is a moment behind.  After he did this he says "man, what way to wake up".  I was thinking what a WONDERFUL way to wake up!!

Anyway, I don't know if anyone has ever known anybody who does this, or does it themselves, but whenever he has a coughing fit (like accidently inhales what he's drinking... or gets choked up from something) he always sneezes 3 times in a row without fail right after.  I always wait for it and it's adorable.

Sometimes it kinda makes me regret breaking up with him!!! lol  ;)

CG

#2 Shelle

Shelle

Centurion

• Posters
  • 116 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 06:09 AM

love the observation.  thats cute, ive never heard of that before!

#3 Sneesee

Sneesee

Daydream Believer

• Full Members
  • 6,461 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 04:33 PM

I had a friend once who complained of something similar.  Usually, if he inhaled anything the wrong way, and started coughing, it always ended in a sneeze fit of some sort.  I so wish I was around when it happened, though.  I always missed them.  But very cute!  I love how he said that!  I think it's a great way to wake up myself. :nohappy:

#4 Nea

Nea

Posting Graduate

• Posters
  • 94 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 06:40 PM

My male friend does that... especially with hot chocolate and marshmallows!  Sometimes, the marshmallows get stuck in the back of his throat when he drinks.  Then, he begins to cough a lot.  Then, it's followed by a sneeze.

One time, I was on the phone with him when it happened.  He was drinking hot chocolate and a marshmallow got stuck.  After an apparent coughing fit, things became close to quiet.  However, I heard a sequence of Nng! Nng! Nng! Nng! Nng!  on the other line.  I thought, "OMG, he must seriously be choking and can't breathe!"  So, I asked, "are you okay?!?"  His response was, "I sneezed!"

The dude was having a stifled sneezing attack following his coughing fit.

Has anyone else experienced this or know of others who have?

~ Nea~

#5 donttakenostuff

donttakenostuff

Proclaimer

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 07:30 PM

Okay, I'll confess. This happens to me if I eat freshly ground cracked black pepper, which is why I avoid it like the plague. I used to eat it and things were fine. But once I was really tired, but had gone out to eat with my family.  When the waitress asked  me if I wanted freshly ground pepper on my salad, I said, "sure, why not."  Well, one bit of the salad in my mouth, and all hell broke lose.  I started coughing uncontrollably.  I drank water thinking that it would subside the coughing.  But to no avail.  Finally, I excused myself from the table where I sneezed two very loud "ACHOOs."  The coughing ended.  Thinking that this occasion was a fluke, another time I had ground pepper put on my salad, only to repeat the coughing and sneezing incident.  So now I don't eat ground pepper at all.  If I see it on food, I avoid the food.

Just as an aside, the other day I was on the phone with my boyfriend, and he started having a coughing fit, which ended with aloud "ARG CHOO."  I was surprised because usually he just has sneezing fits with no build up besides a slight sniffle.  So maybe the coughing build up is more common than unusual.

#6 aquadyne14

aquadyne14

I would write 500 posts...

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 09:13 PM

my gramma could sneeze cough and fart all at what seemed like the same time - does this count?!?! :kisscheek:  now that's talent!

#7 Orionbob

Orionbob

Centurion

• Posters
  • 153 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 04:29 AM

View Postaquadyne14, on Dec 12 2008, 04:13 PM, said:

my gramma could sneeze cough and fart all at what seemed like the same time - does this count?!?! :wub:  now that's talent!

*giggles* Indeed 'tis talent. Good thing she didn't burp, too! You know, that old thing that says it's impossible to do all of them at once...

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic was more than 180 days ago and therefore no further posts are allowed in this topic. If you wish to post about a similar subject, please start a new topic.
Thanks for your attention!