• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Chronosynclastic

Chronosynclastic

Posting Graduate

• Posters
  • 82 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:50 PM

Hello, everyone. This is the first time I've written an "inside of a nose" story, so please let me know what you think of it and whether you'd like me to write more like it in the comments below.

Title: In The Nose Of The Giantess
Author: Chronosynclastic
Summary: Original characters, two sisters and a giantess (F)

"C'mon, Cora!" Kayleigh shouted. "We're almost there!"

Cora sighed in irritation. She swept a lock of her long red hair between her ear, then quickened her pace to catch up to her older sister. The girls had spent the day hiking from their village into the foothills, and had now reached the edge of Jotunheim: the land of the Giants. Traveling into Jotunheim was supposed to be forbidden — far too dangerous, the adults said.  While the Giants weren't actually aggressive, and in fact mostly preferred to keep to themselves, humans were so small in comparison that it was easy for the Giants to accidentally overlook them. But despite the rules against it, it was far from uncommon for teenagers to sneak out of the village and head into the foothills, hoping to catch a glimpse of one of the elusive Giants.

This trip had been Kayleigh's idea, of course. She was the more adventurous of the two, and was always dragging Cora into her latest wild scheme. She'd been getting her younger sister into trouble since the two of them were children; the only reason Cora had agreed to accompany her on this latest endeavor was that she'd thought that it had little chance of success. They could only travel a very short way into the interior of Jotunheim if they expected to get back to the village by dinnertime, and what were the odds that they'd stumble across one of the rare Giant so close to the border?

Well, judging from Kayleigh's delighted expression as she beckoned Cora up to the top of the hill, the odds weren't so low as Cora had believed. Sure enough, when she crested the hill, she was faced with the breathtaking sight of a colossal Giantess lying in the valley below. The Giantess had apparently climbed down into the valley to sleep; she lay on her back, a vast swath of golden hair blanketing the ground around her, her chest slowly rising and falling with the deep breaths of slumber.

"Look!" Kayleigh said. "Isn't she incredible?"

Cora was forced to agree. The stature of the Giantess was simply spectacular. Pictures didn't do the race justice; she had never before seen anything like it. For a moment, she forgot her annoyance at her sister for insisting on this adventure, and simply took in the sight.

"Let's go get a closer look." Kayleigh said.

"Kayleigh, no!" Cora said. "It's dangerous, we should go back."

Of course, once Kayleigh got an idea into her head, it was impossible to dissuade her; so despite her misgivings, Cora ended up heading down into the valley beside her sister. Kayleigh headed straight for the Giantess's head. Cora reluctantly followed, voicing protests all the way.

"What if she turns over in her sleep?" Cora asked.

"She hasn't moved an inch since we got here; she's sleeping like a rock." Kayleigh said dismissively.

Kayleigh then began climbing up the Giantess's hair, and Cora had no choice but to follow. Fortunately, the long and thick hair was quite easy to climb; and despite Cora's concerns, the Giantess showed no reaction to their weight. Soon they were standing on top of the gigantic woman's cheek.

"Can we go back now?" Cora asked.

"Not yet, okay?" Kayleigh said. "I want to look at her nose."

The sisters walked across the Giantess's upper lip until they stood in front of her nose. Her nostrils loomed before them like twin caves, the outer edges expanding and contracting slightly with each breath. The Giantess slow, deep inhalations created a wind powerful enough to toss the girls' hair.

"I'm going inside." Kayleigh said.

If she'd asked Cora to step inside the Giantess's nostril with her, Cora certainly would have refused. However, since she'd put it as a statement, Cora couldn't well let Kayleigh go it alone. Thus, when her sister marched without hesitation in the opening of the Giantess's nostril, Cora followed right behind her.

The inside of the Giantess's nose was soft and wet. The walls of the nostril were slick with a layer of mucous, and more was pooled in depressions on the ground. The air was thick with moisture, and a heavy wind blew past them each time the Giantess inhaled. There were also numerous fine hairs extending from the floor, walls, and ceiling. Cora tried to avoid touching them, but they were so numerous that it was simply impossible. Whenever she accidentally brushed one, a slight quiver would run through the walls.

They were only able to go a short way inside the nostril before it became too dark to see clearly. For a moment, Cora though Kayleigh might finally be forced to turn back. But of course, she should have known better; nothing could dissuade her older sister from an adventure. Unlike Cora, Kayleigh had come out to Jotunheim fully expecting to find a Giant, and so had packed supplies for her expedition. She now drew out of her traveling bag a torch and lit it with a flint starter.

With the firelight of the torch illuminating their surroundings, Kayleigh was able to press still further into the depths of the Giantess's nose. Walking behind Kayleigh, Cora could see the smoke rising from the burning torch into the cavernous space above them. Each time the Giantess inhaled, the smoke was stretched into a ribbon as it was sucked inwards into the deepest recess of her nose. Soon, Cora noticed slight tremors were running through the walls of the Giantess's nose. They were small at first, but growing larger. The amount of mucous dripping from the walls and ceiling was also increasing; rather than isolated pools, it now coated the entire ground.

"Um, Kayleigh?" Cora asked nervously.

"What is it now, Cora?" Kayleigh asked in exasperation.

"I think you should put out the torch." Cora said.

"What do you mean?" Kayleigh asked.

However, she looked around nervously, as though realizing for the first time that this expedition might have led her into unsafe territory. The trembling within the Giantess's nose had become too strong for even Cora's headstrong sister to overlook. Droplets of mucous fell like rain from the ceiling above them, and the Giantess's nose hairs rustled like trees in the wind before a storm.

"It's the smoke." Cora said urgently. "The smoke is irritating her. If you don't stop... I think she might..."

The Giantess's inhalations, once deep and regular, had now become rough and uneven. The girls' hair was whipped back and forth by the air rapidly rushing past them. Snot flowed around their feet like a turbulent river.

"Cora, if I extinguish the torch, it'll be pitch black!" Kayleigh protested. "We won't be able to see the way out!"

Then they felt it; a deep rumbling, emanating from the depths of the Giantess's nose and growing more powerful with each passing second. A massive intake of breath, building up to an explosive climax. The walls of the Giantess's nostrils spreading out, stretched wide by the pressure of the enormous volume of air being expelled through them.

"Getting out isn't going to be a problem now." Cora said. "She's sneezing, Kayleigh!"

The two sisters barely had time to reach each other. They had just grasped each other tightly in their arms when the full force of the sneeze was upon them. The eruption of air from the depths of the Giantess's nose blew over them like a hurricane. The sheer force of the onrushing air had caused it to lift up and carry with it all the mucous that had lain in its path; now the girls found themselves enveloped in a tsunami of snot. They were propelled irresistibly forward by the blasting wind of the sneeze, barely able to maintain their grip on one another within the maelstrom, until they were finally explosive expelled from the Giantess's nose like cannonballs fired from a cannon. Suddenly they were flying through open air; and before they could even process that development, they came crashing down amidst the water of a lake.

After plunging into the cold water, the girls very quickly regained their bearings. The sisters quickly swam for shore, eager to get out of the chilly water before they caught cold. Once they were once more on dry land, they wrung the water from their clothes and then began the walk back out of Jotunheim and towards their village.

"You and your bright ideas." Cora muttered. "Look where they got us this time."

"Okay, okay, I'll admit I didn't think this one all the way through." Kayleigh said. "But... it was a fantastic adventure, wouldn't you say?"

#2 BlackScatter

BlackScatter

I would write 500 posts...

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:35 PM

I really liked this~! I've always loved the idea of "getting inside" like that xDDD. Well written and compelling~
Good work b^^b

#3 megacycle

megacycle

Proclaimer

• Members
  • 362 posts
  • Location:I'm the little voice inside your head, ain't I annoying?!?

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:45 AM

Wow! This was so awesome, I can't think of any other way to describe it.
Well written. It caught my attention and held it from beginning to end. Afterwards I read it again.
It was just that good. <3 <3 <3

#4 NoV

NoV

Say what I like, like what I say

• Members
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:22 AM

Giantess sneezes are a much neglected area in the sneezefic arena - thank you Chronosynclastic for readdressing the balance :D Maybe more to come...? :)

#5 Shadow Dragon

Shadow Dragon

Posting Graduate

• Posters
  • 82 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:15 PM

Very nice! A very enjoyable read.

#6 Blah

Blah

Asocial Butterfly

• VIP Members
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:16 PM

That was great! I love stories like this, with inside-the-nose stuff, and I really love the amount of detail you put into it. There was a lot of character focus, which is always nice. I'd love to get to know the giantess a bit more though, so I kinda feel inspired to write my own story in a similar vein to this, if that's okay with you. It wouldn't actually be a sequel to your story or anything, but something else in a similar setting. Is that alright with you?

#7 Chronosynclastic

Chronosynclastic

Posting Graduate

• Posters
  • 82 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:26 PM

Thank you everyone for your compliments.

Blah-san, of course you're welcome to write a giantess story of your own. I'm also considering writing a direct sequel to this story, since I like how it turned out and since there aren't that many other inside-the-nose stories I've been able to find.

#8 Blah

Blah

Asocial Butterfly

• VIP Members
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:28 PM

Would you maybe be interested in co-writing one? Or at least sharing ideas? I know you can't use private messages yet, and your email doesn't appear to be listed in your profile, but I'm sure we could find some way to get in touch with each other. Please let me know if you'd be interested.

#9 Chronosynclastic

Chronosynclastic

Posting Graduate

• Posters
  • 82 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:18 PM

Blah-san: I'd like to continue the "In The Nose Of The Giantess" series on my own, since I already have some ideas about what else I want to do with these characters, but I would be happy to collaborate or share ideas on a new story with you.

#10 Blah

Blah

Asocial Butterfly

• VIP Members
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:23 PM

That's fine with me. I can't wait to see what you write for the next part of this story. It's already a ton of fun to read.

#11 count de tisza

count de tisza

comes inductorum

• VIP Members
  • 5,215 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:15 PM

Terrific story.  There's nothing like a good giantess sneezing story, rare though they be.  And I am looking forward to the continuation......

#12 dontnoqit

dontnoqit

Centurion

• Posters
  • 113 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:32 AM

I've always had a thing for the giantess angle.  Nicely done!

#13 countless

countless

...and I would write 500 more!

• Members
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:31 AM

Awesome !  Love your style and the subject.  Would the girls dare to go back ? Maybe they could try to find out where the sudden 'rain' showers that attack the village come from ?  (and find that the giants are struggling with some epidemic of sneezy colds heehee)

C

#14 Mash

Mash

Centurion

• Posters
  • 182 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:50 AM

That story was extremely awesome. I'd love to see similar types of stories on the forum.

#15 Curiosity234

Curiosity234

Centurion

• Posters
  • 162 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:19 PM

One of the more detailed accounts of this type of thing I've seen :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Female, Original