So I got a dog <3

Female Allergy

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic was more than 180 days ago and therefore no further posts are allowed in this topic. If you wish to post about a similar subject, please start a new topic.
Thanks for your attention!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 snuffles

snuffles

Proclaimer

• Members
  • 371 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:42 AM

And what a cutie it is!

I'd swear it's the cutest dog ever... and it looks something like this one here:
http://thesmalldogbr...-dog-breeds.jpg

I have mild dog allergies and Shih Tzus were on the list for good hypoallergenic dogs.  True they don't shed, but he likes to lick a lot and if I don't wash him for a week then I start feeling it.  He's already fully grown and I've had him for about a month but he's a keeper <3

He will follow me everywhere in the house, his favorite spots being on my lap, on my chest if I am resting on the sofa, or snug next to me in bed.  I do try to keep him off the pillow however.  Since I wash him often, this normally doesn't affect me except for the inconvenience of a stuffy nose when I wake up in the morning generally followed by a very light but nevertheless teasing itch.  It is usually not enough for an immediate sneeze but will linger in my nose for a good half-hour or so as I get ready for work in the morning... or until I can build enough strength for my daily double sneeze.  

Today however was just past the one-week timer seeing as I simply couldn't get to it during the weekend.  So I guess I should not have been surprised to wake up this morning with a much stronger itch in my nose.  Then, when I tried to sniff and rub at it, my nose protested by beginning to run.

Apologies to those that don't like mess, but when my nose runs... it runs.  Literally water with tear-like consistency streams down to my lips until I can reach for my tissues and get a couple good blows.  (If I were to lean forward water would seriously drip downward just like a leaky faucet).  By now I can feel the itch almost pulsating in my right nostril.  My chest also feels a bit tighter (I have mild asthma as well) and I'm wondering if my dog tried to sleep on my face.  But I think it's just the lack of his weekly bath that set me off.

I go through a couple more tissues before I can mop up enough of my face and start getting ready for work.  As I get to the bathroom, I can feel itch already building so I just let it come.  I raise the back of my wrist to my face but the itch nags me for a little longer as my chest heaves until... heSSSSH'uh!  

Ugggh... that was a lot messier than I thought it'd be.  Spray got my wrist but also the countertop and mirror.  I grab at the tissues for the next double which muffles the sound slightly.  It's more like... heh-hept-shhh'ng!  heh'xShhh!

Three is considerably a lot for me.  I blow again and clean up the mess I made so I can get ready.  I take care of my doggie, fence him up and say more loves and byes to him (which probably didn't help my nose but he's so adorable it's all worth it).  

There also might be something in the air today because I was sneezing in singles and doubles almost hourly all day long.  A couple in the car had me lurch forward rather dangerously while driving.  At work I kept loose tissues stuffed into my pockets just in case.  I don't have a problem with sneezing in front of others... in fact I generally fail at holding back my sneezes so I wouldn't have much of a choice anyway.  But recently I've been trying to train myself to hold back, at least until I can sneeze in less awkward situations.  That's still a work in progress!

#2 Maru-chan

Maru-chan

Bitch Hippie

• Full Members
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:57 AM

REALLY well-written obs! :yes: For some reason it makes me stupidly happy that you got a dog in spite of your allergies. :wub: There is just something adorable about that.

(Also, am I the only one who thinks the name Shih Tzu both sounds and looks like an oddly spelled sneeze? And that for a supposedly hypoallergenic dog XD)

#3 ZXY12

ZXY12

At Posting School

• Validating
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:36 AM

Bless you! I agree, it's cute you just got over your allergy for the dog, who seems to like you quite a lot. I hope it doesn't make a habbit of trying to sleep on your face!

#4 Floating Feather

Floating Feather

Posting Graduate

• Posters
  • 94 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

Cheers to owners of pets who are allergic to them!  Thank you for a great obs. :D

#5 Hollowication

Hollowication

Proclaimer

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:58 PM

Great obs. Cute dog, by the way.

#6 NoV

NoV

Say what I like, like what I say

• Members
  • 1,788 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:40 AM

Well they do say that a dog is a mans (and womans) best friend. They're certainly a sneeze fetishists best friend :D

I like the way you descibe 'building strength for your daily double sneeze' - sounds spectacular ;)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic was more than 180 days ago and therefore no further posts are allowed in this topic. If you wish to post about a similar subject, please start a new topic.
Thanks for your attention!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Female, Allergy