• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 SpamKey

SpamKey

Centurion

• Posters
  • 146 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:32 AM

Okay, so before I start, I have to note that the tags are varying for a reason; this is a continuing story that will hopefully have a little bit of everything.

This is about (though I know the concept is a bit overdone) an intern at a doctor's office, whose main duty is to take a list of symptoms from patients before the doctor sees them. This will contain illness and allergy, messy and stifled, tissue/handkerchief and uncovered... Everything. So, I hope you enjoy! Cheers!

"Nurse Williams to checkup room #7. Nurse Ada Williams, please report to checkup room #7."

Ada sighed and got up once the smooth, crisp voice of the seceratary of Dr. Stevenson's clinic had finished requesting her presence. The day had, so far, been both extremely tiring and extremely boring. Two hours into her shift, and Ada was already ready to go home.

To be fair, as all she was doing all day was reporting to checkup rooms, getting detailed reports of the patients' symptoms, and giving them to Dr. Stevenson or one of the senior nurses, and repeating the whole process over again, there was never much of anything to truly motivate Ada to work.

"Come on, Ada, college credits." She told herself as she grabbed her clipboard and started off down the hall. "Med school! Remember; 'Williams Clinic'."

Ad was a 22 year old intern at from a nearby college, gaining credits to earn herself a spot at a prestigious medical school. The fact that Dr. Stevenson was a well-proclaimed doctor of some influence who could greatly increase Ada's chances by writing a favorable letter of recomendation was just one more step up the ladder.

Ada had long black hair and a surprisingly lingering tan, for winter. Her eyes were blue, and she had a fairly well-developed figure; not supermodel well-developed, but not bad. She stood at about 5'5" and had always been a bit self-concious about her height.

As Ada was about to open the door to checkup room #7, a sound caught her ear; a sneeze.

A very loud, very messy sneeze.

Ada smiled.

She opened the door and was delighted by what she saw; a pretty woman of about 27, with long, messy, dirty-blond hair and tired green eyes, catching another loud, messy "HurATCHOO!" in one of the clinic's complimentary tissues. With a huge, productive sniffle, the woman lowered her tissue to reveal a well-sized, bright red nose. Liquid threatened to drip down almost to her lip, but with another sniffle the drop disappeared.

"Good morning, Ms....?" Ada began, readying her clipboard and pen.

"Miller. Wendy Mellisa Miller." The woman replied, congestion thickening her voice.

"So, Ms. Miller. Allergies or cold?" Ada asked, falling into a rhythm whilst keeping the majority of her attention on Wendy.

"I thigk I habe a... Habe a... A... A co--hurACHOO! HurACHOO!" Wendy was interrupted by two more sneezes. The first was too quick for her to cover, and sent snot and spray flying, but she managed to bring a tissue up for the second one, which she held to her nose as she finished her sentence; "Ub, a cold."

"Mmm-hmm." Ada said as she checked the "Virus" box and filled in "cold". "And could you describe your symptoms for me?"

"Ah, sure. Ub, sneezig, ruddy nose, uh, fatigue, and... And, ha... And--hurATCHOO! HurATCHOO!" Two more messy, enormous sneezes, both caught by the now-sodden tissue. Wendy quickly grabbed another one. "And the occasiodal headache. I'b been sick for aboud a week ndow." She concluded, and proceeded to blow her nose; long, loud, and very productive.

"Alrighty, then." Ada said, checking the appropriate boxes. She hid a smile. Though her job was technically over, why not go a little off-script...? "When, where, and from whom do you believe you contracted this cold?"

Wendy blinked, seeming mildly surprised, but was interrupted by another set of sneezes. "Hah-hurATCHOO! HurATCHOO! Hah... Ah... HURATCHOO!" The first was, again, uncovered, spraying the air in front of her and causing snot to shoot out onto her lip, but she quickly covered the last two, and blew again when finished, another long, wet, productive blow. Perhaps mollified by her performance, she answered the question without protest.

"Well... I thidk it was whed I was od the... Od... The train--hurATCHOO!" She finished in a rush, just barely catching the sneeze in her rapidly-soakening tissue. "A mand with sat across fromb mbe. His nose was really red and he was snee... Sneezig--hurATCHOO! Huh... Ha... Ha...? Ha-ah-hurATCHOO!" Another double, the second one sticking for a moment before finally coming out. "He didn't bother coverig theb. I guess he god mbe sick. Hah... HurATCHOO!" Wendy sneezed once more, the tissue now completely soaked. She threw it away and quickly grabbed a new one, blowing fiercely several times into it.

"Thank you, Ms. Miller. Dr. Stevenson will be with you shortly. He should be able to perscribe something to help." Ada said with a smile. Wendy just nodded, her face slackening and her breath hitching. Ada left the room and lingered outside the door just as Wendy began another fit of huge, messy, spraying sneezes.

"Maybe work here isn't so bad, after all." Ada murmured as she went to deliver the clipboard detailing Ms. Wendy Mellisa Miller's cold.

Well, I hope you like it! Let me know if you'd like to see this continue. Thanks!

#2 Boba

Boba

Proclaimer

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:42 AM

Good job! :) I'm excited to see part 2!
I like the story idea

#3 CuteSneezeGirl

CuteSneezeGirl

Centurion

• Banned
  • 149 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:09 AM

This is amazing! I really like it! :D

Please continue~

#4 Likesn

Likesn

Centurion

• Posters
  • 161 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:49 PM

The concept is cool. I'd sure like to read a part with Ada catching a (preferably female) patient's cold

#5 JaeChaeGi

JaeChaeGi

Centurion

• Posters
  • 161 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:44 PM

This is so delicious! I'm looking forward to meeting Ada's next patient!

#6 Twye

Twye

Posting Graduate

• Posters
  • 71 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:50 AM

This is really great!  I like that you're planning on including all sorts of different sneezes throughout the course of this story.  I'm looking forward to more!

#7 Chiguy13

Chiguy13

Posting Graduate

• Posters
  • 58 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:20 AM

Very cool.
If you continue, perhaps you could make clear at the top whether the patient/sneezer will be male or female?

#8 SpamKey

SpamKey

Centurion

• Posters
  • 146 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:50 AM

Thanks for all the replies! I'm glad the idea is popular!

View PostChiguy13, on 18 December 2013 - 02:20 AM, said:

Very cool.
If you continue, perhaps you could make clear at the top whether the patient/sneezer will be male or female?
No prob! That's a pretty good idea, actually... I probable should have thought of it before :-/

Aaaaanyway, on with the fic! This one is completely different; male, allergy, stifle (attempt), and not quite so messy. Here goes!

———

"Nurse Williams to checkup room #13. Nurse Ada Williams, please report to checkup room #13." Ada rolled her eyes as the seceratary finished her pre-rehearsed summons and closed the game on her phone. She had been this close to beating level 68 on Candy Crush!

Her annoyance soon faded as she walked in on a young hispanic man in the middle of a sneezing fit. His slightly-too-long, black hair fell into his eyes with each sneeze, and his body jerked with the effort of stifling each minor explosion. "Heh-inx! Inxch! Inch! Hah-INXCH! Inxch! Heh... Hah-ah... Heh-INXCHiewww..." He shook his head and rubbed his nose, raising his face to reveal beautiful brown eyes, a cute, reddened nose, and a slightly embarrassed smile. "Oh, ah... *sniff* Hi there."

Ada forced herself to respond. "Uh, hi."

They stood there for a while until the man filled the awkward silence with another stifled "Heh-inxch!"

"Sorry! Um, could I get your name? First, middle, last?" Ada said, regaining her senses.

"Oh, ah, Manuel Victoria Diaz." He answered. He sniffled again. "Might I ask yours?"

Ada blushed slightly. Was he... Flirting with her? "Ada. Ada Williams."

Manuel grinned mincheivously. "Ada. A pretty name for a pretty girl. You, my dear, can ca... Call me... Ma--heh-INXCH! Hah-inxch! Inxch! Inxch! Heh-inx-chiew!" He was cut off by another sneezing fit, but couldn't quite stifle the last one. He shook his head and rubbed his nose again, looking sheepish.

"And how do you spell that?" Ada asked with a sardonic grin. Manuel grimaced.

"Manny. Call me Manny." He finished, sniffling again.

"Alright, Manny, and what might be the problem today?" Ada asked, forcing herself not to laugh.

"Ah, eh, allergies. Just seasonal allergies. But they seem to be worse tha... Than us...ual--hehINXCH! Inxchiew! Inxchiew! Heh.... Ha... Hah-INXCH!" He did that same head-shake, nose-rub combo and sniffled.

"I see." Ada said absently, checking the "Allergen" box and filling in "seasonal". "Not unusual for spring. Any specifics?"

"Ah... Birch, Alder, most evergreens, just about every flower you could name..." Manny trailed off and shrugged. "You name it, if it pollenates, then it makes me-ah... Me--hah-INXCH! Heh-INXCH! Inxch! Inxch! INXCH! INXCH! Heh-INXCHiew!" He finally gave up on sniffling and blew his nose, quick and sharp. "Well, if that answers your question..." He finished with a laugh.

"It certainly does. Any specific symptoms? Other than sneezes, I mean?" Ada asked with a smirk.

"Eh, runny nose, itchy eyes... INXCH!" A sneeze caught him off-guard.

"Any respiratory problems? Trouble breathing?" Ada continued, checking the appropriate boxes.

"No, not that I've no-ho-ticed--HEH-INXCH! Inxch! Inxch! Inxch! Inxchiew! Inxchiew! Hah-ah-INCHIEW!" The sneezes seemed to be getting progressively stronger, the fits longer, and the time between them shorter. "I swear, it just seems to get worse and worse, not just as the day goes on, either!" He exclaimed. "It never used to be this-hah... This bad--hehINXCH! Inxch! Inxcheh! INXCHeh!" He launched into another fit, while Ada watched on, feeling sorry for him. But not too sorry.

"Well, hopefully Dr. Stevenson can think of something to help." Ada said, smiling slightly. "Before I go, do you need anything else?"

Manuel managed to get his sneezing under control, and glanced up at her slyly. "Is it too much to ask for your... You-heh-INXCH!" He forced down another sneeze. "Your number?"

Normally, Ada would have said no, but... Hell, he was cute. And sneezing like hell. "Why not?" She said out loud, ripping off a scrap of paper and scribbling down her number. "Call me. Maybe we can work something out. Coffee?"

Manny grinned. "It's a date. Er, I hope. Heh.., ho-old on--heh-INXCH! Inxch! Heh-INXCH! Heh-ah-INXCHiew!" He shook his head and rubbed his nose again. "But, eh, can it wait until after I get this new--heh-INXCH! *sniffle* Medicine?"

"If it must." Ada said with a mock-sigh, then, winking, walked briskly off to deliver Manny's clipboard to Dr. Stevenson.

———

"If it must" indeed. I think we all agree with Ada, there.

To be continued!

#9 Twye

Twye

Posting Graduate

• Posters
  • 71 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:18 AM

Posted Image

Definitely agreeing with Ada.

I love how playful their conversation is!  Looking forward to the next part!

#10 Chiguy13

Chiguy13

Posting Graduate

• Posters
  • 58 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:28 AM

Much appreciated, SpamKey!
I love the concept ... looking forward to the next chapter that's fits my "preference," LOL.

#11 lilmissallyvanek

lilmissallyvanek

Proclaimer

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:25 AM

This is perfect.

#12 24Me

24Me

Proclaimer

• Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:39 AM

Moar! Moar! *purposely spelled wrong*

#13 telltale

telltale

Proclaimer

• Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:31 AM

This is a great concept.  I love it.

#14 sickfan90

sickfan90

Posting Graduate

• Posters
  • 70 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 03:40 AM

This is amazing!!!

#15 Sinc

Sinc

New to our ranks

• Validating
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:05 PM

Definitely perks to being the inten

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Male, Female, Allergy, Illness, Original, Nose Blowing, Messy, Tissues, Stifled