Dawnie

Dear Jerk returns!

3,846 posts in this topic

Why not right? Everyone deserves the chance to rant a bit and say what they'd like to say

to someone but probably wont get the chance. So here we go. ;)

Dear Jerk,

You're so pathetic. I can honestly see right through you. Green certainly isn't your color. Don't you

have anything better to do with your life and your time. It truly is sad.

Sincerely,

Kiss my ass!

Dear This Thread.

I can't really recall ever using you before now but as you have reappeared I will do so.

I dislike you intensely. You often make me feel insecure and I wonder whether the posters within you are being nasty about me or my friends, even when often they probably aren't. I consider that your intent is often to make people unhappy rather than having any intent to clear the air. If posters really wanted to do that they would name people openly and thus proper discussion could occur which would perhaps allow some kind of resolution.

You are cowardly, unpleasant and provoke discord.

I wish you had not reappeared here.

Signed

Vet

Apologies to Dawnie and this is not aimed at anyone who has used this (type of) thread in the past but I really do hate the whole concept.

Edited by Vetinari

I consider that your intent is often to make people unhappy rather than having any intent to clear the air. If posters really wanted to do that they would name people openly and thus proper discussion could occur which would perhaps allow some kind of resolution.

Some people (like me) use this thread to vent about people who are not and never will be on the forum. Sometimes when I'm frustrated by someone and things will never be resolved between us, it feels good to complain about that person in writing here, where the person will never see it, when it's inappropriate to give them a piece of my mind in real life. But I understand and agree with your point completely.

ETA: Sorry about the threadjack.

Edited by Trillium

I consider that your intent is often to make people unhappy rather than having any intent to clear the air. If posters really wanted to do that they would name people openly and thus proper discussion could occur which would perhaps allow some kind of resolution.

Some people (like me) use this thread to vent about people who are not and never will be on the forum. Sometimes when I'm frustrated by someone and things will never be resolved between us, it feels good to complain about that person in writing here, where the person will never see it, when it's inappropriate to give them a piece of my mind in real life. But I understand and agree with your point completely.

ETA: Sorry about the threadjack.

It's good that you put this. :winkkiss:

And appreciate that you understanding my intent. ;)

Agreed completely. Thank you for saying this.

Dawnie, this is in no way directed at you. Please don't read it that way. It's more like that I can't trust myself not acting in a cowardly, unpleasant manner and provoking discord when there's a thread like this around. :lol:

Agreed completely. Thank you for saying this.

Dawnie, this is in no way directed at you. Please don't read it that way. It's more like that I can't trust myself not

acting in a cowardly, unpleasant manner and provoking discord when there's a thread like this around. :lol:

Honestly then, anyone with the ability to do so is free to delete it. Honestly, I can always use the thread on the other forum.

I wasn't looking to stir up a bees nest.

Well, here's one that I don't think anyone will take personally.

Dear Target Ad Campaign,

WTF is with that retarded song in all your current commercials? Ugh, I HAAAAAAAAAAATE it so much! I want to kill everyone involved in its production. :lol: It sneaks up on me and I can't change the channel fast enough before the lyrics "One day I woke up and I found more to love" are already embedded in my brain. How dare you inflict such douchebaggery on the general public.

Sincerely,

Irritated tv watcher

Well, here's one that I don't think anyone will take personally.

Dear Target Ad Campaign,

WTF is with that retarded song in all your current commercials? Ugh, I HAAAAAAAAAAATE it so much! I want to kill everyone involved in its production. :lol: It sneaks up on me and I can't change the channel fast enough before the lyrics "One day I woke up and I found more to love" are already embedded in my brain. How dare you inflict such douchebaggery on the general public.

Sincerely,

Irritated tv watcher

I mostly watch downloads now. When I was watching the TV the other day I couldn't believe how damn annoying I found the adverts, all those people trying to make me feel bad about myself in order to manipulate me into buying shit I don't want or need.

Ha! Just sneezed massively twice. I feel better now!

*sniffs annoyingly*

Ah, but it wouldn't be nearly as much fun, as the intended recipient wouldn't have seen it on the other forum.

You know...I agree with you and Shiny, Vet. And Dawnie, you know I think you're awesome, so please understand that this isn't toward you either. :) I definitely did use the thread on the other board, and a lot...but I'm not going to use it here. I think it's fine if you're talking about someone outside the forum, but I think all too often it gets used to bitch about other members...and unfortunately, they're usually only thinly veiled attempts at making the target anonymous. I think it breeds contempt, really.

I threadjacked too. Kinda. I'm not really off topic, right? :) In any case...I'm leaving!

:hug: I'm so glad that I wasn't the only one that felt like that... I mean- I know that I get paranoid sometimes, but still.... anytime that I think that it *might* be about someone around I generally end up thinking that I somehow did something awful to torque someone off. I mean... sometimes there might be a coinsedence but I don't know... (thus speaks paranoid person)

Anyway... the venting thing where it is Totally and Completely 100% clear that it isn't around here I totally get. And VFP- OMG.... I thought that I was the ONLY one that got that GRRRRRR Target song stuck in my head. :drool::heart: And it won't come out. Horrid earworm anyway.

Here is another perfectly clear one

Dear FOX,

Why oh why oh why did you do what you did with "House" on Monday?? Firstly- baseball.... :heart: but ok... if there is *still* a baseball game going on then Pre-empt the show- darn it. Not *Start* the show 42 minutes After it normally does and run the whole thing. Leaving me to hear all about it on LJ and emails and not be able to watch until this Tues at the Soonest.

Yours,

Not happy w/ 3 week baseball hiatus

I think it's fine if you're talking about someone outside the forum, but I think all too often it gets used to bitch about other members...and unfortunately, they're usually only thinly veiled attempts at making the target anonymous. I think it breeds contempt, really.

My thoughts exactly. In fact, one day I was worried about stealth bitchery on my part because I don't want to be like that. So with ZaNeesee's help we went through the entire Dear Jerk thread and found every one I'd ever written. I think only 1 or 2 were to a member. And um, they had it coming. :heart: But I always felt bad about doing it that way. It's passive-aggressive and cowardly to openly address someone in such a scathing way, and then pretend like "no, this isn't about anyone here!" Most of the time people know, despite the attempt at anonymity, and the writer of the letter comes off looking worse than the "jerk" it's addressed to.

I actually like having a random rant thread, so I hope it's something that people use responsibly. And if you are going to publicly shred another member, don't be a pussy and hide behind your computer. Come right out and say it. Or even better, keep your mouth shut and get over it. :drool:

I think that last point VfP raised is valid; having a random rant thread is useful for several reasons, namely because it keeps the Snake Pit from becoming a mass of fairly minor rantss about individuals.

That said, it really is sad when people use it on members of the forum community. And that whole "thinly veiled anonymity" thing doesn't help either, as Nicole says.

I thought that The Snake Pit was for ranting in the first place? Anyway, people on here constantly make think veiled comments towards others all the time, and not just in the Pit. :drool: I think it's pretty cool that Dawnie ressurected it. Therefore...

Dear Mr. Big Time Manager,

Do you think you are being nice? Because really, you come across like a jerk to me. You are gruff, and you've never really ever been nice to me, even when you were apologizing for giving me a hard time in front of that customer. It wasn't even like an aplogy at all, really. It was more like, "Hey, we're cool right?' And my answer is, "No, we aren't cool. I don't like your attitude, and I really can't stand the way you talk down to me. I've been at this store longer than you, and probably will be here when you are long gone, so leave me the f*** alone!"

Sincerely,

No love for the new store manager

I think it's fine if you're talking about someone outside the forum, but I think all too often it gets used to bitch about other members...and unfortunately, they're usually only thinly veiled attempts at making the target anonymous. I think it breeds contempt, really.

My thoughts exactly. In fact, one day I was worried about stealth bitchery on my part because I don't want to be like that. So with ZaNeesee's help we went through the entire Dear Jerk thread and found every one I'd ever written. I think only 1 or 2 were to a member. And um, they had it coming. :heart: But I always felt bad about doing it that way. It's passive-aggressive and cowardly to openly address someone in such a scathing way, and then pretend like "no, this isn't about anyone here!" Most of the time people know, despite the attempt at anonymity, and the writer of the letter comes off looking worse than the "jerk" it's addressed to.

I actually like having a random rant thread, so I hope it's something that people use responsibly. And if you are going to publicly shred another member, don't be a pussy and hide behind your computer. Come right out and say it. Or even better, keep your mouth shut and get over it. :drool:

LOL! Aww!! Have I told you lately that I :heart: you?? That is just Too sweet that you went through to check your posts. :hug: It really is.

And is it Really stupid of me that sometimes I *think* that I know that something *might* be addressed to someone but then I have no idea really who and then I get all "OMGwhatdidIdothatwasterrible???" Sometimes I sort of feel like "everyone" knows with certain things but I really am clueless. I'm just curious... and Please feel free to pelt me w/ rotten fruit if I'm threadjacking too much... is it bad that I honestly don't have a clue??

And is it Really stupid of me that sometimes I *think* that I know that something *might* be addressed to someone but then I have no idea really who and then I get all "OMGwhatdidIdothatwasterrible???" Sometimes I sort of feel like "everyone" knows with certain things but I really am clueless. I'm just curious... and Please feel free to pelt me w/ rotten fruit if I'm threadjacking too much... is it bad that I honestly don't have a clue??

No that's one of the reasons I really do dislike the passive aggressive nastiness without naming names.

And I have no problem whatsoever with people ranting about things from life that bug them. It's a good place to do it.

Perhaps I am in a minority but really if someone has a problem with me I would rather they took one of three options.

1) Bite their tongue and leave it.

2) Contact me privately to try to sort it out.

3) Place a pit in the snake pit naming me and telling me what it is that is annoying them.

Now I can't say I really like number three either but if someone does start a thread about me and I am named then I am able to respond to their comments and other members who may have been affected one way or the other can also have their say. It may be unpleasant, it may be messy but ultimately I think it allows everyone to have their say, vent some anger, see how the land lies and then decide whether to carry on as before or modify their behaviour.

Edited by Vetinari

I thought that The Snake Pit was for ranting in the first place? Anyway, people on here constantly make think veiled comments towards others all the time, and not just in the Pit. :heart: I think it's pretty cool that Dawnie ressurected it.

Love you. :hug:

Disclaimer........

This is kind of harsh towards my mommy, but no one knows her or just how bad she is, so please try not to take offense.

Dear Jerk Mother,

Yeah I know this might be harsh, but come on! You make me so embarressed to think I came out of you. You've got me scared silly that you're going to be caring over my home, my car, my pets and my son this weekend. Granted I know that Jake can probably handle himself, but then again, you've driven me to drink on more than one occassion. :drool: I'm racking my brain as to how much I'll need to write down for you and the things I'll have to tell you and show you tomorrow evening. I'm giving you very simple instructions here. You're acting like I'm trying to explain rocket science to you. All I ask is that you don't crash my car. Don't leave the place unlocked. Don't let Rocky and Sammy starve and please don't let Rocky escape out the door. I'll never forgive you. :heart:

Sincerely,

Someone that wishes her mother had enough confidence in herself to

be a more independent, intelligent and responsible woman that her

daughter can be proud of

Edited by DawnieMarie

Disclaimer........

This is kind of harsh towards my mommy, but no one knows her or just how bad she is, so please try not to take offense.

Dear Jerk Mother,

Yeah I know this might be harsh, but come on! You make me so embarressed to think I came out of you. You've got me scared silly that you're going to be caring over my home, my car, my pets and my son this weekend. Granted I know that Jake can probably handle himself, but then again, you've driven me to drink on more than one occassion. :drool: I'm racking my brain as to how much I'll need to write down for you and the things I'll have to tell you and show you tomorrow evening. I'm giving you very simple instructions here. You're acting like I'm trying to explain rocket science to you. All I ask is that you don't crash my car. Don't leave the place unlocked. Don't let Rocky and Sammy starve and please don't let Rocky escape out the door. I'll never forgive you. :heart:

Sincerely,

Someone that wishes her mother had enough confidence in herself to

be a more independent, intelligent and responsible woman that her

daughter can be proud of

:heart:

That must be very difficult and frustrating. Hope everything does go OK for you.

Oh ranting is fine, it's just that this particular kind of thread is relatively speaking a more likely place to rant at fellow fetishists.

Dear Ex Boyfriend,

Stop calling me to try and find excuses for me to come over to your apartment. Stop trying to bum your dog that you HAD to keep off on me and my new family. Get out of my life and stay there. If I say I don't want to watch the dog because she keeps getting out of my yard, don't email me saying that you found a solution on the internet that involves picking up her feces and burying it in her digging holes. I don't even want to watch the dog anyway, why would I fondle her shit to do so? Take care of your own damn dog and your own damn problems.

Sincerely,

That Ex Girlfriend You're So Over

Damn, that felt good ;)

Dear Woman who drives my kids to school,

I'm not going to actually call you a "Bus Driver," well, because, you are friggin' NOT a kid-friendly person AT ALL! Okay, I overlooked a couple of things you've done in the past, because I understand you are on a "schedule." But I gotta say, when the weather is cold and rainy, like today, or when it happens to be snowing outside, I think you should wait perhaps 30 seconds longer than you do for the kids to reach the damn bus stop. Today, you weren't even going to stop until I flagged your ass down! WTF is up with that shit? They are little kids, and shouldn't have to stand out in the wind and rain forever to wait for you, and you shouldn't just go past their stop because you don't see them. You should always at least stop. Come on! ONe kid lives right in front of the bus stop, and she should be able to wait in her house or garage especially on days like this. I am seriously disappointed that you almost blew all of them off this morning. Not that I would mind driving my kids to school, but the bus driver should be a little more kid-centric than you apparently are.

Sincerely,

Considering calling the Bus Company

Absolutely call the bus company - and write to the school board :) I did several times last year, and even though my daughter has the same bus driver this year, he's been behaving much more appropriately (he was always showing up 10 minutes or more early so he could be the first bus into the schoolyard because he has another route after).

Color me ignorant, but I don't see who we're talking about here.

Currently Sneesee's children's bus driver. Do try to keep up!

:)

Color me ignorant, but I don't see who we're talking about here.

That's kind of the point of the thread, isn't it?