Dawnie

Dear Jerk returns!

3,846 posts in this topic

Dear jerks,

I can understand that you might be upset or frustrated or angry.  That's fine.  You're allowed to feel how you are feeling.  Talk to a friend about it.  Talk to your mum.  Talk to your bloody dog.  But what you shouldn't do, is fucking take to fucking Twitter to accuse people of doing things that they haven't fucking done, call them despicable names, or threaten them with death.  That's just not fucking on.  Call me an apologist, and you know what, maybe I am.  But what you have done, and what you have said is wrong.  And I'm fucking sickened by it.  This is why we can't have nice things.

No fucking love, ever.

-C. 

Share this post


Link to post

Dear Jerk,

You were kind. You were considerate. You were lovely. We talked about everything, we shared so much. Hanging out with you was... liberating. And still when you talk to me sometimes, I can see that person. But you have also lied and treated me disrespectfully and made me feel horrible for most of the last two months. I want to be done with you but I am not. And since you are unlikely to grant me the courtesy of closure, I will just have to get over it with the help of my awesome friends, no thanks to you.

Very limited love,

Hurt

Share this post


Link to post

ah Cake... :(

Dear my, it's not good to be in a mood that feels like I would go for the throat of anybody who dares to address me. So please - calm down now (and sleep...)

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, TheCakeIsAlive said:

Dear Jerk,

You were kind. You were considerate. You were lovely. We talked about everything, we shared so much. Hanging out with you was... liberating. And still when you talk to me sometimes, I can see that person. But you have also lied and treated me disrespectfully and made me feel horrible for most of the last two months. I want to be done with you but I am not. And since you are unlikely to grant me the courtesy of closure, I will just have to get over it with the help of my awesome friends, no thanks to you.

Very limited love,

Hurt

:hug::consoling::heart::heart:

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, TheCakeIsAlive said:

Dear Jerk,

You were kind. You were considerate. You were lovely. We talked about everything, we shared so much. Hanging out with you was... liberating. And still when you talk to me sometimes, I can see that person. But you have also lied and treated me disrespectfully and made me feel horrible for most of the last two months. I want to be done with you but I am not. And since you are unlikely to grant me the courtesy of closure, I will just have to get over it with the help of my awesome friends, no thanks to you.

Very limited love,

Hurt

:hug:

Share this post


Link to post

Dear Internet,

Thank you, so much. Thank you for RUINING MY FREAKING LIFE every time I'm looking for fanfiction of one series focusing on a certain character AND THERE IS NONE!!!!!!! And the ones I do find, the plots are either suckish or not interesting to me!!!!!!! I don't know if I have freakishly high unrealistic expectations, or if PEOPLE JUST DON'T APPRECIATE THE SAME HIGH QUALITY TRAITS OF A STORY LIKE I DO. I am frustrated and sad and bored and all I wanted to do was relive the series in a way I haven't seen before.

Sincerely,

I Guess I'll Just Write It MY OWN DAMN SELF, Said The Little Red Hen

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Prongs said:

Dear Internet,

Thank you, so much. Thank you for RUINING MY FREAKING LIFE every time I'm looking for fanfiction of one series focusing on a certain character AND THERE IS NONE!!!!!!! And the ones I do find, the plots are either suckish or not interesting to me!!!!!!! I don't know if I have freakishly high unrealistic expectations, or if PEOPLE JUST DON'T APPRECIATE THE SAME HIGH QUALITY TRAITS OF A STORY LIKE I DO. I am frustrated and sad and bored and all I wanted to do was relive the series in a way I haven't seen before.

Sincerely,

I Guess I'll Just Write It MY OWN DAMN SELF, Said The Little Red Hen

which character?

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, Sen Beret said:

which character?

Heh, heh...I'm going through a post-HIMYM crisis and I'm in love with Ted Mosby and I have problems

:blush:

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Prongs said:

Dear Internet,

Thank you, so much. Thank you for RUINING MY FREAKING LIFE every time I'm looking for fanfiction of one series focusing on a certain character AND THERE IS NONE!!!!!!! And the ones I do find, the plots are either suckish or not interesting to me!!!!!!! I don't know if I have freakishly high unrealistic expectations, or if PEOPLE JUST DON'T APPRECIATE THE SAME HIGH QUALITY TRAITS OF A STORY LIKE I DO. I am frustrated and sad and bored and all I wanted to do was relive the series in a way I haven't seen before.

Sincerely,

I Guess I'll Just Write It MY OWN DAMN SELF, Said The Little Red Hen

LOL I feel you. This happens like EVERY TIME I finish watching a show. :lol: And I also always think "I should write myself" - but don't do it then. :P So - you've done it much better with your part 1 already. ;) 

Share this post


Link to post

Dear mold press at work,

You mother fucker, you. Now, not only am I behind but I also have such high scrap levels that its gonna be near impossible to catch up! Thankfully my boss is understanding. Fuck this mold, fuck this ridiculously high part standard, fuck everything. Oh my god I am so fucking tired of every little thing going wrong for me. Come on universe, work WITH me not against me..

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Prongs said:

Dear Internet,

Thank you, so much. Thank you for RUINING MY FREAKING LIFE every time I'm looking for fanfiction of one series focusing on a certain character AND THERE IS NONE!!!!!!! And the ones I do find, the plots are either suckish or not interesting to me!!!!!!! I don't know if I have freakishly high unrealistic expectations, or if PEOPLE JUST DON'T APPRECIATE THE SAME HIGH QUALITY TRAITS OF A STORY LIKE I DO. I am frustrated and sad and bored and all I wanted to do was relive the series in a way I haven't seen before.

Sincerely,

I Guess I'll Just Write It MY OWN DAMN SELF, Said The Little Red Hen

Join the club. :lol:

That seems to happen to me with every fandom/character I'm ever into. Sometimes I'm able to bribe and trade my way to quality fics (easier done here than elsewhere, to be honest, some very kind-hearted and talented writers have taken pity on me now and then), other times I have to rely solely on my own writing, and sometimes I just have to suck it up and try to get over the fandom/character. But one thing is for certain, I have never been able to just look up my fandom/character du jour and get my fix, much less OD on it. Never. So yeah, I totally feel you.

 

Dear bank account,

WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE SO EMPTY?? :bawl: 

No love,
Cravings.

 

Edited by Chanel_no5
missed a letter

Share this post


Link to post

Dear throat,

stooooooop.  I'm starving but I can't eat anything because it hurts too much when I swallow. Coughing is miserable, too. Please get yourself together.

- me

Share this post


Link to post

Dear life,

Please space shit out next time instead of dumping it all at once. I need time to breathe.

A tired Mouse

Share this post


Link to post

Dear self, 

For God's sake, stop wallowing. It's not cute or productive. You have four whole days before you start classes again, so go out! Do something fun! Stop laying in bed and feeling sorry for yourself. What's done is done and you'll just try harder next semester (especially now that you know what to expect). 

Thanks,

me

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, Spoo said:

Dear self, 

For God's sake, stop wallowing. It's not cute or productive. You have four whole days before you start classes again, so go out! Do something fun! Stop laying in bed and feeling sorry for yourself. What's done is done and you'll just try harder next semester (especially now that you know what to expect). 

Thanks,

me

Considering you not only changed universities but countries???, that's a step I don't think anyone could just easily waltz into, I'm sure you did your best and like you said now you know what to expect. You'll be fine :heart:

Share this post


Link to post

Dear elderly "gentleman" at the grocery store,

I didn't do anything to you. I stood at a respectful distance, I wasn't rude or obnoxious in any way; honestly, I barely noticed you before you suddenly approached me as you walked off.

So I'd like to know why you felt it was okay for you to glare at me and inform me that I'm a "young useless cunt" when leaving? Really, I'm genuinely curious.

/A surprised female human being

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Chanel_no5 said:

Dear elderly "gentleman" at the grocery store,

I didn't do anything to you. I stood at a respectful distance, I wasn't rude or obnoxious in any way; honestly, I barely noticed you before you suddenly approached me as you walked off.

So I'd like to know why you felt it was okay for you to glare at me and inform me that I'm a "young useless cunt" when leaving? Really, I'm genuinely curious.

/A surprised female human being

 

Probably just another bitter old dude who generalize his shitty experiences with women to every woman he encounters. Doesn't make it less hurtful to hear, but fuck him, he's not worth worrying about.

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, AnonyMouse said:

Probably just another bitter old dude who generalize his shitty experiences with women to every woman he encounters. Doesn't make it less hurtful to hear, but fuck him, he's not worth worrying about.

Nah, I'm not worried, I've heard worse. I was just surprised. Personally I don't walk up to senior citizens and tell them they're "old useless pricks", but... :blink::lol: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Chanel_no5 said:

Dear elderly "gentleman" at the grocery store,

I didn't do anything to you. I stood at a respectful distance, I wasn't rude or obnoxious in any way; honestly, I barely noticed you before you suddenly approached me as you walked off.

So I'd like to know why you felt it was okay for you to glare at me and inform me that I'm a "young useless cunt" when leaving? Really, I'm genuinely curious.

/A surprised female human being

 

The fuck? Man I might have slapped him had it been me. What a horrendous asshole.

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Chanel_no5 said:

Dear elderly "gentleman" at the grocery store,

I didn't do anything to you. I stood at a respectful distance, I wasn't rude or obnoxious in any way; honestly, I barely noticed you before you suddenly approached me as you walked off.

So I'd like to know why you felt it was okay for you to glare at me and inform me that I'm a "young useless cunt" when leaving? Really, I'm genuinely curious.

/A surprised female human being

 

Might he have had dementia/Alzheimer's? That's a seriously bizarre thing for someone to do.

 

Dear weather,

Dude, could you pick a season, please, and go with it? One day it's shorts and flip-flops, the next day I'm slipping and falling on my ass on ice. No wonder nobody in my house can stay healthy.

(And yeah, I know...if you just stayed freezing cold the entire winter, I'm sure I'd complain about that, too. :rollhmm:  I'm just not going to be happy no matter what until spring, am I?

Complaining-ly Yours,

me

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, gingerdean said:

Might he have had dementia/Alzheimer's? That's a seriously bizarre thing for someone to do.

It's possible, but he didn't seem the slightest bit confused when talking to the cashier, and he wasn't that old either. Early seventies possibly, at most. I did wear my political party's symbol on my coat though, and I have been literally spat on in public by a complete stranger for my political opinions before, but he wasn't calling me a socialist cunt. I prefer to think he had dementia over believing that he just felt like saying that to me so he did, but honestly... I was just stunned. I've been called much worse things, but never by people who are that much older than I am. I was raised to respect the elderly, and I've never been disrespected by them in return.

Guess the seniors today aren't as respectful as they were when I was young! :lol: 

 

Share this post


Link to post