Quing Nerd

Complaints Department

1,420 posts in this topic

This is my 'go to' response for Christians who oppose marriage equality. I think it shines an interesting light on a Biblical definition of marriage:

So... I had no weekend because of work, and apparently, I will have no free day this week either. The only fun thing I planned with a friend, was ruined by the fact that my friend was going to the concert with his abusive friend, whom he KNOWS I totally dislike, and he didn't tell me. Now I'm pissed at my friend and cancelled on him because of that man I despise. That leaves me with no plans... Great.

I found a beetle in my bed.

It's gone now but it's almost 4am and I still haven't slept.

Fuck this. I hate everything right now <_<

It's gone now but it's almost 4am and I still haven't slept.

Fuck this. I hate everything right now <_<

Literally last night I did not brush my teeth because a HUGE moth (like, palm width; didn't even know that was a UK thing) was in my flat's bathroom and oh god it TOUCHED me I nearly did that matrix back bend and fell down the stairs trying to avoid it :((((

This is my 'go to' response for Christians who oppose marriage equality. I think it shines an interesting light on a Biblical definition of marriage:

I love this so, so, so much!

Was it Paul or Ringo? :huh:

a HUGE moth (like, palm width; didn't even know that was a UK thing)

Me neither, but that's something else for me to worry about now!

I've actually banned all insects from my flat, but some of them pay no attention to that :glare:

Headache please go away!! You're making me sick!!

Doctor says I have acute bronchitis and I have to miss my friend's wedding tomorrow. ): I mean I don't wanna hack up my lungs through the entire ceremony or anything...I'm just sad that all my old high school pals will be there and I won't.

Was it Paul or Ringo? :huh:

a HUGE moth (like, palm width; didn't even know that was a UK thing)

Me neither, but that's something else for me to worry about now!

I've actually banned all insects from my flat, but some of them pay no attention to that :glare:

*applauds*

Doctor says I have acute bronchitis and I have to miss my friend's wedding tomorrow. ): I mean I don't wanna hack up my lungs through the entire ceremony or anything...I'm just sad that all my old high school pals will be there and I won't.

I'm really sorry you have to miss your friend's wedding,feel better :):hug:

Here's to hoping that parents will be more responsible and not bring their sick children to Build-a-Bear .(Sorry if I misspelled the store name,there isnt many of them in Canada).

Edited by Ellie

I'm annoyed with myself because I keep biting and chewing up my bottom lip. <_< I guess it's a nervous habit, but SERIOUSLY??

I don't know why all the spiders in town have decided that my apartment is the place to go, but I'm not pleased. The one in the kitchen pantry may stay, as he's proven himself to be quite useful, but the rest... sorry, uninvited arachnids, I'll swat you the moment I find you. No mercy.

Edited by Chanel_no5

I'm grumpy because my eyes are really red, itchy, and irritated and it's driving me crazy. And I can't concentrate to boot. :(

I wanna go to bed but its too early! Ahhhh and its Monday tomorrow. I'm not ready to get back to the ole grime just yet! yucky.gif

Speaking to me is the least you can do. I hate being ignored. Check your other Facebook account

I hate factory farming practices and hate contributing towards it...but I have IBS, and legumes and soy are major triggers for me so I don't really have any choice but to eat meat and animal products. I don't have anything against eating meat, eggs or milk in principle, but modern farming practices are sickening. I don't drive so it's really difficult for me to get to most places that sell ethically sourced meat. Even free range eggs are tricky because the standards for "free range" are still pretty awful. I wish it was easier to live ethically >.< Or that I could hunt my own food...but it's not exactly feasible where I live (and probably not legal :P)

We teachers don't get paid over the summer and work our asses off pulling 50-60+ hour weeks during the school year.... So when you ask me what I'm doing this summer and I say I am taking a deserved actual break you best please not give me a sour, jealous look off your face :P because I earned this break. I love my profession but it grueling and needs some time the reboot so yes, I am relaxing and not doing much work. That way when September rolls around I'll be energized again to share my excitement for science.

We teachers don't get paid over the summer and work our asses off pulling 50-60+ hour weeks during the school year.... So when you ask me what I'm doing this summer and I say I am taking a deserved actual break you best please not give me a sour, jealous look off your face tonguesmiley.gif because I earned this break. I love my profession but it grueling and needs some time the reboot so yes, I am relaxing and not doing much work. That way when September rolls around I'll be energized again to share my excitement for science.

But... but.. you do ZERO work over the summer, and... and... you *only* work the hours that the kidlets are IN school. Besides, you get paid like TONS and TONS of $$ :bleh:;)

Nah... I'm 100% behind you chicka. When people do and say that crap about teachers, I want to smack them. Go listen to Taylor Mali and feel heard and recharged (one of the things that I do when I get tired of the ridiculousness).

:hug:

We teachers don't get paid over the summer and work our asses off pulling 50-60+ hour weeks during the school year.... So when you ask me what I'm doing this summer and I say I am taking a deserved actual break you best please not give me a sour, jealous look off your face tonguesmiley.gif because I earned this break. I love my profession but it grueling and needs some time the reboot so yes, I am relaxing and not doing much work. That way when September rolls around I'll be energized again to share my excitement for science.

But... but.. you do ZERO work over the summer, and... and... you *only* work the hours that the kidlets are IN school. Besides, you get paid like TONS and TONS of $$ :bleh:;)

Nah... I'm 100% behind you chicka. When people do and say that crap about teachers, I want to smack them. Go listen to Taylor Mali and feel heard and recharged (one of the things that I do when I get tired of the ridiculousness).

:hug:

As the child of an elementary school teacher, I can confirm. Goddamn you guys need that break. The horror stories I have heard >.<

Also I'm sitting here dying of heatstroke with a bag of ice on my feet and in my crotch, trying to decide if I'm going to be sick or not... Ugh, sun, why? Why do you love my misery?

I really wanna write Mad Max fic but the fandom is AMAZING and all their fics are written so well and like 80% of this fandom are younger than me and I'm like...you talented babies. And then I read over what I've written so far and I just feel embarrassed. I need to just get over myself and keep going, ugh!

Cally is annoyed at having every single allergy symptom but the one she wants. :(

I hate factory farming practices and hate contributing towards it...but I have IBS, and legumes and soy are major triggers for me so I don't really have any choice but to eat meat and animal products. I don't have anything against eating meat, eggs or milk in principle, but modern farming practices are sickening. I don't drive so it's really difficult for me to get to most places that sell ethically sourced meat. Even free range eggs are tricky because the standards for "free range" are still pretty awful. I wish it was easier to live ethically >.< Or that I could hunt my own food...but it's not exactly feasible where I live (and probably not legal tonguesmiley.gif)

I love the recipe builder on Supercook: http://www.supercook.com/#/recipes/All%2520recipes

If you use the 'my restrictions' and 'Do you have?' tools to limit the choices to foods that match your dietary/ethical requirements then it might come up with some suitable recipes.

Alternatively, if you haven't already and you feel so inclined, you could make a stand about animal welfare by researching the brands you use for things like cleaning and cosmetics and switching to things that are not tested on animals (it's alarming how many mainstream brands practice animal testing).

Failing both of those, I think there's reason for pride in your intention. The fact that you the mindset that you do is massive. And any little changes that you make will make a difference. And if you're doing everything all that you can, even if it feels like very little, then you're probably inspiring those around you, who may go on to make their own changes because of your influence.

I'll stop interrupting the thread now, but I think you're great.

Love from a flawed but passionate vegan x

I love the recipe builder on Supercook: http://www.supercook...s/All%20recipes

If you use the 'my restrictions' and 'Do you have?' tools to limit the choices to foods that match your dietary/ethical requirements then it might come up with some suitable recipes.

Thanks for this SexualOddity!! As another sufferer of IBS, I hope this website will do me some good! :)

^ That IS awesome! :D Thanks for the support SexualOddity - sometimes it feels overwhelming to even think about, when just about everything available seems to have caused the suffering of people or animals. I do try to avoid brands that test on animals and go for fair trade options where available etc...so I guess that's something...? xP I guess I just have to hope that they improve lab-grown meat enough for consumption and it becomes commercially available :bleh: