skatergirl

Happiness Department

1,167 posts in this topic

Wednesdays are not so terrible when I get to spend 3 hours talking to my fave coffee buddy :D before nap time we had solved most world issues, made horribly dark jokes, played with knives (sorry mum) bitched about our current situation in life, had lunch/3 am snacks, clinked ginger ales, developed seriously bad accents and prompted each other senseless. 

Thanks Brodyquest Chunkybap :lol: aka @Coffee Chicken Barista you're a lifesaver :cheers::rockon: 

:heart: 

One of the guitar teachers who I have a massive work-crush on was really happy with the new student he was assigned today.  Apparently she's really skilled already even though she's young and she learns quick and is generally a cool girl.  Which is thrilling for me to hear because I specifically offered him to her mom when she was asking about signing her daughter up.  I mayyyyyy have played favorites there, oops.  But honestly I had a feeling that this teacher was the perfect fit and I was right!!  I almost told him that I specifically picked him, but ehhh... I can be content with being excited in secret.

There's a midnight release for Pokemon Sun and Moon tonight...! :zippy: 

BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOUR KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!! TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I found ebook versions of some books I hadn't been able to find for years until now, so I'm pretty happy about that. I have no clue when I'll get around to reading them, but I haven't them when I want them.

This is probably going to sound kind of childish, but whatever. :lol: I bought these glow in the dark stars for my ceiling and I love them so much! :cryhappy::wub:

I used to have a set just like this one when I was really young, like two or three years old maybe. And I remember staring up at them before falling asleep at night and feeling so calm and happy. I guess those were simpler times, and obviously, a lot has changed since then. But I swear, it feels almost the same way again when I look up at those plastic stars after switching off the light. After a long day, I can just look at them and feel that same sense of calm and tell myself that everything's going to be alright. And glow in the dark stuff is generally super awesome, so yay! I'm really happy I bought them! ^_^

I'm currently downloading Pokemon Moon and I can't wait for it to finish! Ahh..it's been going for like an hour now lol Annnnd Telltale is about to release the fourth chapter to their 'Batman' game and I CAN'T EVEN WAIT!!!! It left on such a cliffhanger and I was afraid it'd be months before another update but nope, they just announced it and gaaaah I love them so much! I also just bought their 'Game of Thrones' and 'Jurassic Park' games solely so I'd have more of their content to play..negative reviews be damned! I'm just so ecstatic I could cry, happy early Christmas to me! :D I can't think of a better self-gift than this! 

49 minutes ago, Sophie<3 said:

This is probably going to sound kind of childish, but whatever. :lol: I bought these glow in the dark stars for my ceiling and I love them so much! :cryhappy::wub:

I used to have a set just like this one when I was really young, like two or three years old maybe. And I remember staring up at them before falling asleep at night and feeling so calm and happy. I guess those were simpler times, and obviously, a lot has changed since then. But I swear, it feels almost the same way again when I look up at those plastic stars after switching off the light. After a long day, I can just look at them and feel that same sense of calm and tell myself that everything's going to be alright. And glow in the dark stuff is generally super awesome, so yay! I'm really happy I bought them! ^_^

Aww, I used to have those on my ceiling,  too. Those are the best :D

And no, that doesn't sound childish at all! I think a lot of times, it's those small, simpler things that bring us happiness that are often the best. 

I made homemade orange juice today with my little hand juicer that I've had for years now, but never used until today. Yum ^_^

I Have new pjs (im wearing them now) and im texting a crush and just ugh im happy

Today's the Santa Claus Parade, and I'm really excited.

***********IT IS SNOWING!!!!!!!!!!!!!************* And I got to see the big Christmas tree light-up ceremony thingy. The perfect thing, really, for when you're super duper stressed. 

5 hours ago, Nola said:

***********IT IS SNOWING!!!!!!!!!!!!!************* And I got to see the big Christmas tree light-up ceremony thingy. The perfect thing, really, for when you're super duper stressed. 

I KNOW IT SNOWED FRIDAY WHERE I LIVE!!

I was wandering down the Christmas aisles at the store and it just made me sooo happy. Also just got back from the Nutcracker Ballet, and I have A Christmas Carol play to go to next weekend. I'm so excited and happy right now. Also only three school days this week! And thanksgiving! And putting my Christmas tree up next weekend! Ahhh!!!! :D 

Also got to spend a whoooole bunch of quality time with my mom this weekend. (She painted my nails really pretty!) And a whole bunch of cuddle time with my kitties. I just loved this weekend.

I realized I didn't want to go to school a full week and then also realized I have a two-day week :D

I met a veteran and thanked him for his service in which he says "Thank you for acknowledging it" My response "Its my honor to" I LOVE OUR VETERANS oh and I got a compliant from a complete stranger who has amazing fashion sense and he told me "there needs to be more people in the world like you" MY DAY IS MADE 

My mom brought home a 10 week old kitten! It's so adorable! My brother and dad don't really like him though. I'm hoping things work out. Now I get to say I'm that crazy cat lady with 4 cats.

Arty loves how her students consider her the mom. One of my students called me mom....

:heart: 

Next Monday, Arty will find out if she got accepted into Teach For America for next year!! *fingers crossed*

HappyThanksgiving/Ingenious Day!

I'm actually getting the hang of the RNG Manipulation/Stairs Glitch speedrun route for EarthBound! Of course, I've only got the walk up and down from the meteor right... but it's an awesome start!! I want to run this at a GDQ event one day...

Hot Shot talked to me and I'm falling SO HARD every time! Apparently I'm fine with not having a chance, because I don't feel the slightest bit of heartache, but I still fall in love with her every time we meet. :wub: 

To Pollen Girl

Thank you for sending me those notes I never expected it and it was one of the best things anyone has ever done for me, Thank you so much. Love Bmg

SKYRIM REMASTERED

Cannot stop looking at Rowlet stuff on tumblr. I don't even play Pokemon but this smol owl is my baby.

Turns out I don't need anything additional to run my new xbox and I am BEYOND THRILLED! Had a friend come over to help me figure out my tv formatting for the console and now i'm happily awaiting GTA V to finish downloading to the hard drive! Only downside is the download times are a bit slow but i'm just happy the darn thing works and I can play it now! GAAAAH, I haven't had an actual game console in so long. Is it wrong that the controller feels so good in my hands? xD 

I feel like myself again. :heart: I'm not a disaster anymore. 

My uncle just called and wondered if I wanted A LOT of meat. He's been out moose hunting and apparently was a bit too successful for his freezer's taste. :lol: My cat was eavesdropping and I swear to God the cat knew what we were talking about because he's been all worked up since.

We shall eat luxuriously in this household tonight.

I saved a kitten's life.  I got these two kittens to try to nurse back to health because I'm known as an animal person and have a pretty good track record for these sort of things.  They were really anaemic due to a heavy flea infestation possibly since they were born, and while the stronger fella pulled together really quickly, the other little guy needed a LOT of care.  He wouldn't even feed on his own for days and he would just pee on himself because he didn't have the energy to stand up.  It was looking so bad at times that I considered giving up because I figured I was just getting too invested in something that was just going to break my heart.  But I kept trying and he kept holding on somehow and he ate on his own for the first time recently and now he's running around the room getting into mischief and he climbed the chair all by himself and I'm just so proud of my little fighter and I'm so happy these babies got to have a chance because they are just so sweet.  I'm calling them Thor and Loki.