skatergirl

Happiness Department

1,269 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Kaze wo Hiku said:

Just read something posted by someone who also has a crippling fear of flying and how WIFI on planes helped them since they could distract themself with their phone. Actually posted while on the plane.

I don't plan on flying anytime soon but as much as I use my phone, a plane with WIFI definitely would help  (along with booze.) I'm happy this person shared their experience and that I'm not the only one out there who freaks out on planes.

Thanks for sharing, that's good to know! I'm scared to death of flying, and I've never even been on an airplane. (Never had an occasion to fly when I was younger, and now I've built it up in my mind as this big, terrifying thing....arrghgh. Plus, I'm claustrophobic.)   I'll need to take the plunge sooner or later, though!

I'm SO excited to have five days off from work, starting tomorrow. Yayyy

Had a good time seeing Office Christmas Party with my best friend. :heart: Laughed my ass off.

I might hang out with my friend on New Year's Eve. :) 

ROGUE ONE WAS AHSHDJFJD AMAZING!!!

Watched the show 24 again today. ^_^

I felt I needed to balance my complaint post with a happy one, because I'm actually in a good mood. The reason is my doctor. She has really proven that she is there to help me feel better and move on with my life in a productive direction. She is respectful, kind, understanding and really takes the time to sit down and TALK to me. Most doctors barely look at me, they just write the prescriptions and sign the necessary papers and shoo me out again. She sits down with me for 50 minutes and talk. She's interested. She uses what she learns from those talks to come up with treatments that'll work. She doesn't give up. She doesn't shame me. And there is something oddly sweet when a highly renowned expert in her field of psychology, a very well-groomed and dignified lady in her late fifties, spontaneously exclaims "YAAY!" when I tell her how much the new medication has helped me. Not because she was pleased to have made the right medical decision, but because she was happy for me as a person.

Also, when said doctor also asked, upon talking about my writing, "do you write fanfiction as well?" I almost melted and asked her to marry me. :lol: 

Cally received good news that she will be receiving the rest of her inheritance within a week!  Cally is aware that this makes her sound rather entitled, when in reality this money is allowing her the ability to sort her life out post PhD and find a job without having to worry about paying rent and utilities. 

Feeling content and happy. It's nice.

Bring on 2017.

Honestly I'm legitimately proud of myself for making plans for tonight. 

Holmes is ready to bring in the new year! I'm going to stay positive that this year will at the very least start off nice! :) I'm also ready for New Year's drinking games with my buddies~!

Girlfriend is in another state still with her family, but we've been texting a lot and she's been sending me goofy snapchats, and she called me "babe" for the first time :wub: I'm so happy. 

I have a light hangover today, but it doesn't manifest itself with headache or nausea, but it's one of those extremely rare hangovers of mine where I'm just super sleepy and want to eat greasy food in between naps. It's actually pretty nice.  :lol: Last night I had rum drinks, white wine with first course and dessert, red wine with main course, champagne at midnight, and finished off with another rum drink around 3 am. I was pretty buzzed, so I thought I'd get a headachy hangover at least, if not an upset stomach, but... then I woke up to "mmm, pizza... mmm, nap... mm more pizza... mmm another nap..."  I even did the stable chores myself and I felt great, tired, but not sick or achy. It was nice getting some fresh air and stuff, and then go home and cuddle cats.

2017, are you going to be my friend? :) I'd be happy to be friends with you, anyway.

Now I'm gonna have a hot bubble bath, read a bit (got a leftover Christmas present today, three books by Tess Gerritsen!!!), make a BLT for dinner, pour a lone rum drink from what's left in the bottle, and then go to bed early, I think. I'm just low-key pleased with my life right now. I love that feeling. :) 

The day of Christmas granted me with the gift of reconciling a close friendship that was on the rocks... Great surprise indeed, and way better than any material gift I could have received. That person is very dear to me, and I'm very glad to have them back in my life. :heart:

Happy New Year, and much love to you all! :D

Cutekats is going to the Bahamas in March! Ahhhhh! :D

Posted (edited)

First off, I LOVED my Secret Santa-fic!! So yeah, I'm happy as it is!

And then, well, the other day, one of the horses was lame, but they couldn't figure out where the issue was. It was a foreleg though, but which one, and where? I walked by as they had the horse on rope and they called me over, asking if I could see which leg it was. I looked very closely and said "looks like left hind leg", because that was what I saw. They just waved me off, saying "no, it's definitely in the front"... except the owner, who said "maybe it is in the back...?" The other ladies then got very testy and snarky, so I left. I wasn't going to argue, I'm no expert but I do have a horse who sometimes gets very stiff in her hip area, which translates to a stiff almost-limp that doesn't look like it's seated in an actual leg, and I thought his walk resembled hers when she has one of those bouts. But, like I said, I'm not an expert and I definitely didn't want it to turn into a competition about who has the most knowledge/experience. I just wanted to offer whatever help I could (and was asked for, nevertheless) for the sake of the horse. But apparently, given the mutters I heard behind my back, I was a complete idiot who knew nothing about horse physiology. But today they had figured out that the limp was indeed in left hind leg, but the real issue is probably higher up, probably in the back/hip area. I refrained from gloating because it's pointless and the only important thing is that the horse can get the help he needs, but the one who was the snarkiest actually walked up to me and apologised for her attitude and said "you were right." It wasn't even that that made me happy, but the fact that I KNEW something that people with much more experience and knowledge missed! I could contribute! THAT made me really happy! (but being told "you were right" is kind of nice too... :lol: )

Edited by Chanel_no5
words that weren't supposed to be there, were there.

I'm back twice in one day, woo! THE BACHELOR RETURNS AND IT MADE ME SO HAPPY :D 

I didn't know it was possible to be so happy for break to be over and to be back at school. For the first time in my life, I'm surrounded by similarly minded people and this college is such a great environment for me.

My autocorrect suggested changing a misspelled "impressed" to "I'm poo".  The amount of laughter that resulted brightened up an otherwise dreary evening.

I'm owning my life like a boss. Also I have the best friends in the world. :heart:

The Pottermore FB page finally put up the Slytherin icon banner. Time to show my house pride!

I booped my dog's snoot this morning when I got home from work and he promptly jumped onto my lap, locked eyes with me, and did the same thing to me. I don't know why but that earned a decent and hearty laugh from me and I really needed it. Thank god for smart puppers! :upsidedwnsmiley:

Posted (edited)

The neighbours of the stable has a cat, that is very shy around strangers. She usually pads around, but never approaches anyone and runs if anyone approaches her. Which I always respect. Only today I, uhm, had been away from home all day so no cat cuddles, and had a trying day all in all, so when I caught glimpse of this cat when stepping out of the car, I, uh, may have greeted her the same way I greet my cats when I haven't seen them in too long. Namely bend down, hold out my hands and squeak in falsetto "KIIIIIITTYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!" As I did this I realised that uh-oh, she's not used to THAT kind of behaviour, I'm probably scaring her shitless... but instead she reacted just like my cats do: tail up in the air as she RUSHED towards me and pushed her little head against my hands and legs while purring so intensely she almost choked on spit. :rofl: When I began to straighten up to get going, she tried to jump up at me to continue the cuddles. I spent five minutes there (in the freezing cold) before she decided she was done and padded back home, and when I did get into the stable I had a HUGE grin all over my face and I still can't stop grinning. :wub: 

Because cat cuddles. Man, I really am a crazy cat lady and there is no turning back. :lol: 

Edited by Chanel_no5

Omg I'm having waaayyyyyy too much fun with the Sims Creator Demo (I blame @hedgehog!!) Not about to get anything accomplished today :rofl:

3 hours ago, Kaze wo Hiku said:

Omg I'm having waaayyyyyy too much fun with the Sims Creator Demo (I blame @hedgehog!!) Not about to get anything accomplished today :rofl:

Not sure if I should say "Sorry!" or "You're welcome!" :lol: 

It's Friday! Also yesterday I got recommended for Honour's Spanish and Honour's English again :D