Nola

Donald Trump

331 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Badoit said:

I was simply stating my opinions. If you feel the need to invalidate them for yourself, go right ahead. 

Now, see, what you were actually doing was stating you have no opinions of your own, no knowledge and no wish to engage. That is not the same as stating opinions, and the fact that you seem to think so is further indication of the lack of need to take your statements seriously.

Its been a while Hi everyone I just wanted to pop in and say I am utterly terrified at Trump being president and to all who say Trump is dangerous Thank you very much. Oh and Badoit No one is trivial the LGBT community is far from trivial.

So, uh, how about that CIA intelligence report? The one that states with high confidence that Russian hackers were responsible for putting out fake news stories and biasing the election towards Trump? ALL BECAUSE PUTIN DIDN'T LIKE WHAT CLINTON HAD TO SAY ABOUT HIM IN 2011?

(Yes, I've read the whole thing.)

So... he isn't racist, but literally the DAY after he told a civil rights icon that he had done *nothing* for others, he doesn't go to the MLK celebration at the new African American History Museum because he's "busy"???  

And **this** is the person who is going to be the unifier?  This is the person who will be President for **all* Americans??  And he (and many of his followers) have *zero* idea where anyone would think that he is racist.  

He might not be, but I'm sorry, it sure as hell doesn't look good when you tell the guy who was literally marching **RIGHT** next to MLK on the March to Selma, and the man whose skull was actually fractured by the police from being beaten- you tell *him* that he's done *nothing*.  I'm not saying don't criticize the man for ANYTHING.  But you are seriously going to throw out the phrase "have done *nothing*"??  Seriously??  And **then** not go to the celebration of a **major** civil rights leader and inspiration the world over, and give ZERO explaination- when you tweet at the drop of a hat on soooo many other things.  

I just cannot.

The man is an orange lizard toddler with no neocortex. The end.

Oddly enough, we DO know he's a racist, because according to the doctrine, if anyone says they're not, I means they are.  This is true! I proved it by frequently telling a to leftie friend of mine that she was a racist.  And of course she couldn't deny it.   And I have seen Trump deny it; so he is one. Cf Knowing Breivik; if you say you didn't, it means you did!

Seriously, I heard an interesting thing the other day from a journalist who has read one of Trump's books entitled "The art of the deal" or similar.  The journalist pointed out that Trump's principle is always to make an outrageous demand, because the other side will then make a counter-offer that is much nearer to Trump's position than it would otherwise have been.  Fine in the business world, but in the foreign affairs area, the technique is likely to start a World War, or possibly worse, a violent uprising by a terrorist group.  Just look at the offence he has already caused in Israel.  Look at WW1 where Austria deliberately sent Serbia an ultimatum they could not possibly agree to.  In the end they did, but by then Austria had already mobilised.

A treat tonight as a programme is to be shown about the history of the Drumpfs and the  man's first firm, Elisabeth Trump and Son.