Junia

Disgusting aspects of the fetish (and the people who like them)

69 posts in this topic

I believe HIPAA is only violated if you provide identifying details. Morally and ethically, however...

I'm curious as to why it's been felt necessary to bump up every damn thread in the Pit but hey ho twiddly dee

ALL DEM FINE THREADS DOH. ;):P

I'm curious as to why it's been felt necessary to bump up every damn thread in the Pit but hey ho twiddly dee.

Substantial comments on threads at most two weeks old? Surely that's not bumping.

I'm curious as to why it's been felt necessary to bump up every damn thread in the Pit but hey ho twiddly dee

Threads so sexy you can't stay away.

Threads so sexy you can't stay away.

^^ :naughty:

Finely dressed otter agrees: berkeley-otter-lg.jpg

Okay I agree, smelling sneezes is gross to most of us, but everyone has some aspects of the fetish that are such turn on's for some people but gross for others.

Some people like allergic torture, or being sneezed on , both of which I find revolting. Some poeple prefer uncovered sneezes, which for me is a turn off, again, I can't judge.

I know what you mean about pervs and sharks, but people having an aspect of the fetish you find gross is kind rich, considering the general world finds this fetish weird/gross. ( google: the strange world of sneeze fetishists, our site even gets a mention)

I'm just saying you're correct about the sharking/perving being gross, but judging other people subfetishes is kinda rich considering most of the world would harshly judge our fetish, which is why most of us keep it a secret.

Also yes I have intrusive thoughts as well, so I know what you mean by reading something here that dsiturbs you, and thinking about it for waaay too long. lemme tell you , some fiction here that's allergic torture had the same effect on me.

Edited by Mwsapphire

I read most of this thread, but I'm afraid my will to live disappeared somewhere in the middle.

^yes that

Anyway. This is a tough topic for me at least because I too am into a particular subset of the fetish and I would totally get it if people are turned off by the whole ZOMG and then the sneeze blew over the house and frankly if I look at it from an external/objective POV I'm like... wtf that's SO profoundly bizarre. But also drawing from that example, there's ways to go about things. I'm really into the giant sneeze thing, I put effort into writing some stories about it and lo and behold I discover other folks who are attracted to the same things and we talk about it from time to time and boom! Like 10x more fetish content of my particular preference than there was beforehand because---not to toot my own horn or anything---I bothered to make some content that I put a little effort and time into out into internet land. (Side note: I am a little turned off by how I'm saying this bc it smacks of respectability politics/the bootstraps don't ask for what you need be a capitalist and put something out into the market; but like whatever this is weird subfetishes not like centuries of discrimination.) Frankly, I think if you are into a particular subset of fetish-land, that's the way to go about it. Because I have found at least for me personally, while I was pretty turned off by the handkerchief thing (or less the handkerchief thing and more, frankly, the snot thing), you read a couple good obs about it---or even more than that, become friends with some folks who are into it---and it becomes a total neutral, even if it's never going to be an aspect that I'm like super duper into. Same goes for pretty much anything weird about the fetish (for me, anyway).

Also another thought: I suspect the reason that people who are into weirder or less common aspects of the fetish may be more shark-ish is the special combination of entitlement and desperation that characterizes much of (male) sexuality. It's like how we have this conception of sexual stimulation as something that is "needed" rather than "wanted" (e.g., "I'm a man and men have needs"). And obviously a wider range of behavior is justified in the pursuit of something you need rather than something you want. So when people are in a situation where the only thing or the main thing that gets them off is something that there is little interest in or access to or just not much of that content period, they will consider it acceptable to, basically, behave badly in order to get it (or really, ignore other people's reactions/feelings in order to try to get it). But here's the deal: the way to get more of the thing you want isn't to constantly say "gimmie gimmie gimmie" regardless of how the other person is reacting. The solution, in my opinion/experience, is to provide the kind of content you're interested in seeing and lo and behold, more such content is inspired. I think that the kindest thing to say to people are shark-y over the sneeze smell thing (or whatever else). But that's for the folks like me who are neither attracted nor repulsed to do, not for the people who are trying to get the sharks off their tail to do. I think.

Anyway, it's tough because we have to acknowledge that some people are really genuinely repulsed by some aspects of the fetish and it can be really frustrating to have something that you really don't enjoy mixed with something you do. And "just don't look at it" isn't always an adequate solution. At the same time, if the sneeze fetish forum isn't welcoming to people who are attracted to any and all aspects of sneezing... what on earth place will be, you know? I think it's okay to acknowledge and validate both of those positions at the same time!

Oh and I for one don't give two shits about the way this place is run. Maybe that's bc it has only recently become a community for me rather than primarily a place to post, discover, and enjoy fetish content but like... I dunno are the forums working, is the search function useable, do posts come up on the chat? Yes? Then I'm good. But then, I'm pretty chill about 90% of things so.

I agree with the " I'm a man and men have needs" , because that's what some of the sharks are like. This is a fetish site. Ntm, once you find a community where you can get those things, it may feel amazing, because those people would be even more malgined in the real world than most of us fetishists.

Also yes I have intrusive thoughts as well, so I know what you mean by reading something here that dsiturbs you, and thinking about it for waaay too long. lemme tell you , some fiction here that's allergic torture had the same effect on me.

I take it it's my fics that traumatised you, since I'm probably heaviest into allergic torture here. I, uh, apologise about that. :shy::bag:

Yes, some people on this site drive me up the wall. But c'est la vie- creepers gonna creep. It's not like we can pick who has our fetish. I just remind myself that most people on here are amazing and that overshadows the icky.

I'm sure someone has already said the exact same thing I'm about to say, but truthfully I only skimmed over the 4 pages of responses here. :winkkiss:

There are definitely some aspects of this fetish that do not interest me AT ALL, and I cringe when I see people talk about them. But if I really don't like it, I simply move on from the topic and clear my mind with a fetishy topic that I do enjoy. That being said, I only have a true problem with people and their gross kinks when they do things like comment on YouTube videos (that were clearly not meant to be fetishy) and say things like "Can you smell your sneezes?" Or if the video is of a child, and they comment on it, and I KNOW that they're a fetishist because I recognize their username. That kind of thing bothers me. It's ok to have your own little turn-ons about the fetish, and it's cool to talk to other people who enjoy the same thing, but it's not cool to make people uncomfortable by sexualizing something that was supposed to be completely innocent.

I take it it's my fics that traumatised you, since I'm probably heaviest into allergic torture here. I, uh, apologise about that. :shy::bag:

That's just it though, you would never know that freaks me out, so posting that stuff is fine, we all have sub-fetishes that are different, the general population would be grossed out by *this* fetish as a whole.

It's wrong to demand the detials when OP isn't interested, or be a shark or perv, but simply posting triggering material doesn't make you those things, b/c you don't know what people sub-fetishes or turn offs are.

As far as I recall, this was never the case, and I'm damn glad about it. For one thing pedophilia is illegal and covered quite comprehensively by rules number 3 and 4 and anything against these rules that still appears only does so on the basis that a moderator might not have seen it yet. Instead of starting a dogpile, it's surely better to report - especially given that unless anything has changed, it's generally standard procedure to hide posts that are under discussion for breaking the rules.

How many times have you seen an adult (usually over age 40) talk about enjoying children's sneezes? How is that not pedophilia? And it doesn't get warned or removed. There have been threads about this, too, and nothing has been done. Why isn't it okay to publicly shame something like this? Why is it cool to have our forum look like it enables pedophilia and other predatory behavior? At best, reporting gets the posts warned/hidden, but seriously, how much do those posters really learn from that?

1. Can I publicly shame you because I think your outlook is draconian and overly sensitive?

2. How much would a pedophile learn from being told that it's not cool to be a pedophile?

3. What exactly about shaming someone in the Snake Pit is not public?

Yes, some people on this site drive me up the wall. But c'est la vie- creepers gonna creep. It's not like we can pick who has our fetish. I just remind myself that most people on here are amazing and that overshadows the icky.

Dude, fucking high five!

Dude, fucking high five!

Sad reality, but I don't fault people for trying to get a handle on it. Creepers gonna creep, indeed.

tumblr_lfzdmgsyo81qzyldfo1_500.gif

Dude, fucking high five!

Sad reality, but I don't fault people for trying to get a handle on it. Creepers gonna creep, indeed.

tumblr_lfzdmgsyo81qzyldfo1_500.gif

Anony, I love you :rofl:

2w69zih.gif

^^ All the forum sharks at their bi-annual get together.

Okay I agree, smelling sneezes is gross to most of us, but everyone has some aspects of the fetish that are such turn on's for some people but gross for others.

Some people like allergic torture, or being sneezed on , both of which I find revolting. Some poeple prefer uncovered sneezes, which for me is a turn off, again, I can't judge.

I know what you mean about pervs and sharks, but people having an aspect of the fetish you find gross is kind rich, considering the general world finds this fetish weird/gross. ( google: the strange world of sneeze fetishists, our site even gets a mention)

I'm just saying you're correct about the sharking/perving being gross, but judging other people subfetishes is kinda rich considering most of the world would harshly judge our fetish, which is why most of us keep it a secret.

I should also add that I don't think pedophilia is okay at all. That stuff should be banned immediately. But simply saying somebody is gross because they enjoy certain parts of the fetsih that you don't enjoy is a bit stupid.

Your face is a bit stupid.

On 9/26/2015 at 6:06 AM, ilikesneezes2000 said:

Haha omg this. It's really really gross hearing people say nice things about their family members' sneezing

Uhhhhh yeah!!

On 12/13/2015 at 1:52 PM, Quing Nerd said:

Your face is a bit stupid.

This should have been the final say and now I'm disappointed that it's not.

Since it's already been ruined...

tumblr_o5urqwxKGa1qazanuo1_400.gif