Norbert Noseblad

Fuck You, Starbucks Employee

18 posts in this topic

I am liiiiiivid!!

I just went to Starbucks to get their Pokémon Go Frappuccino. When I asked if they made that at this particular location, the horrible slug-of-a-woman barista looks at me very dryly and mumbles, "ALL Starbucks have the Pokémon Go Frappuccino." She said it as if I were the dumbest person in the WORLD for asking. I was like....okay, she must be joking if she's going to use that tone with a customer, so I joked back and said "Oh! So this is Starbucks!" She then spat, "Come on dude, it's five minutes until close." I walked out. I will not go back to that location.

I mean, I understand if she couldn't make the drink because she'd already cleaned all the machines and it was time to close - honestly, I didn't even notice what time it was; I was just out with a friend and thought Starbucks sounded good. But I have rarely been forced to interact with such a dumpy, unpleasant person at a register.

FUCK THIS LADY IN THE NOSTRIL. FUCK HER. MAY THE FLEAS OF A THOUSAND CAMELS INFEST HER CROTCH AND MAY HER ARMS BE TOO SHORT TO SCRATCH. I've already complained to Starbucks so maybe I'll get a free drink out of this ordeal.

That is all.

Okay but like....in her defense, it's two weeks before Christmas, 5 minutes before closing, and thus far you had only demonstrated that you were intent on being a "funny customer" and wasting her time.

The gracious thing to do instead of trying to be a joker would've been to realize that hey, y'know, she's probably had a LONG fucking day, and to simply reply "oh okay" and then order your drink. 

And hey, you probably got her fired (or at least reprimanded) by complaining to corporate.  And so close to the holidays too, nice.  But yeah enjoy your free coffee.

I'd be pretty annoyed. I'd say her behavior was inappropriate, and she could've chosen better words. She works at Starbucks, and she should be able to answer questions and serve up some coffee with common courtesy. 

26 minutes ago, murphy dee said:

Okay but like....in her defense, it's two weeks before Christmas, 5 minutes before closing, and thus far you had only demonstrated that you were intent on being a "funny customer" and wasting her time.

The gracious thing to do instead of trying to be a joker would've been to realize that hey, y'know, she's probably had a LONG fucking day, and to simply reply "oh okay" and then order your drink. 

And hey, you probably got her fired (or at least reprimanded) by complaining to corporate.  And so close to the holidays too, nice.  But yeah enjoy your free coffee.

My thoughts exactly!  Seriously, you're going to sit here and crudely curse this poor woman out (even jokingly) over a fucking Pokémon Go Frappuccino, even after calling corporate?  There's just so many things I could say to this right now, but I'm going to hold my tongue.

So sure, I'm really crossing my fingers that you'll get that free drink!  :glare:

Jfc enjoy your free coffee. She honestly wasn't probably having a good day but ya know, don't take her feelings into account. :/

Kinda with OP on this one.  Courtesy goes both ways.  I've worked retail, so I've been on both sides of the exchange.  I have a strict policy of never being rude to service workers but by the same token I would certainly expect to be given the same courtesy and would leave if I felt someone was too rude.  Because yes, she might be having a bad day but then again the customer might be having a bad day just to be treated rudely on top of it?

If I were inOP'S shoes in the above exchange I would have also asked if they do that coffee.   Because I am a ridiculous human being who is always worried about getting things right.  So I'd feel pretty upset and humiliated if I were answered in that manner. 

Courtesy and understanding are good things.  The world would be a better place if we all used more of those things.  There seems to be nothing in the OPs question that indicates rudeness.  The employee might have been asked that question 200 times already but a customer just walking in isn't to know that.

I dunno.  Just my opinion.

What the actual tantrum fuck? Are you three? Please.

u trollin, m8?

If the "fuck her in the nostril" part didn't give me away...yes, I was trolling :lol: I mean, a version of this happened - the barista was extremely rude but the story ends much less dramatically.

Welp, this is what the internet does to one. Well played. :lol:

So does this mean there will be no free drinks? :cry::bleh:

On 12/13/2016 at 7:37 PM, Norbert Noseblad said:

Pokémon Go Frappuccino

WHAT!?

I did not know that was a thing. I looked it up just now in a flurry because of the burning need to know and found a berry flavored thing. I don't understand. Is it their play on a poke ball with the vanilla and raspberry? That's... kind of a let down. I thought it was going to be something more along the lines of a mystery flavor that's never the same when you order it. Damn. 

Edited by nefarious exhales

Whether or not this actually happened, I'm sure the last thing a Starbucks employee (especially around THIS time of year) wants to deal with is some obnoxious customer so close to closing time.

Dear Norbert / Dilda - I advice you to never come to Berlin. Because that's exactly the tone you will hear here around from 90% of the shop assistants, bus drivers aso. That means, you would probably never get a coffee anywhere around here if you await any more kindness. :lol: Maybe, that woman came from here? You schould ask her. :rofl:

1 hour ago, hedgehog said:

Dear Norbert / Dilda - I advice you to never come to Berlin. Because that's exactly the tone you will hear here around from 90% of the shop assistants, bus drivers aso. That means, you would probably never get a coffee anywhere around here if you await any more kindness. :lol: Maybe, that woman came from here? You schould ask her. :rofl:

But only ask her about five minutes before closing, and after you've already asked half a dozen inane questions. :whistle:

I know this thread is mostly a joke. :P But anyway, speaking as a retail whore of 16 years, funny customers are generally not as funny as they think they are. :bleh: Of course a lot of their clever jokes are the ones I've heard a billion times, too. :rolleyes:

On December 21, 2016 at 11:11 AM, Bondi said:

I know this thread is mostly a joke. :P But anyway, speaking as a retail whore of 16 years, funny customers are generally not as funny as they think they are. :bleh: Of course a lot of their clever jokes are the ones I've heard a billion times, too. :rolleyes:

I'm late replying but I feel this exactly. 

Please refrain from the following statements:

"It must be free!"

"I just printed it this morning!"

and my latest pet peeve that trumps them all:

"You guys are really busy, huh?"

I wish I could send a free coffee to the two angel customers I had this season.

One was a child. Her and her mother gave me a candy cane with a note that says thank you for my service this holiday season.

The other one was a woman who had stood in a very long line and instead of being the umpteenth person to look at me and say "Boy, you guys are BUSY!" She actually complimented me on how fast I was moving the line along. Compliments > so-called sympathy.

I also wish I could send a lifetime of endless retail employment without any breaks to the "funny" guy who, after looking at me and how exhausted I must have looked, said to me in a snarky tone: "Are you feeling jolly?"

I don't usually like children, Susie, but that is so adorable!!! I bet that made your day!