Cutekats

Roommate Contagion ~ Open!

232 posts in this topic

Blake parked his car in the designated lot reserved for the apartments late one November evening. He brushed back a lock of carmel-coloured hair from his eyes and got the groceries out of the trunk. The young man locked his car and started up the stairs to his apartment with his grocery bags in his hands. He fumbled for his key in his back pocket and opened the door. 

Blake called out his usual, "Hello?" as he stepped in and set the bags on the kitchen counter, letting the door slam shut behind him.

8 minutes ago, Cutekats said:

Blake parked his car in the designated lot reserved for the apartments late one November evening. He brushed back a lock of carmel-coloured hair from his eyes and got the groceries out of the trunk. The young man locked his car and started up the stairs to his apartment with his grocery bags in his hands. He fumbled for his key in his back pocket and opened the door. 

Blake called out his usual, "Hello?" as he stepped in and set the bags on the kitchen counter, letting the door slam shut behind him.

Amber felt horrible today, luckily getting up when Blake had already left. She spent the day treating herself with tea and soft blankets, some medicine, and cuddling her stuffed animals. 

When he came home she was on the couch covered a few blankets and sniffled back her running nose. Ugh, she had been that he wouldn't be home until at least tomorrow. "H-H-Heyuxxxtchooo! An'xxtttchoo!!" She sneezed desperately into her millionth tissue. "Hey!" She moaned, coughing a little. Her long brown hair was a mess and her eyes were red and tired, not to mention watery from so much sneezing. The worst of, however, was her nose.

Blake set his things down. He washed his hands in the kitchen and frowned as he heard his roommates's response. He left the things on the counter and followed the sound of her sneezes into the living room. "Oh, hi. Not feeling too well are we?" He smiled sympathetically and sat down on the edge of the couch, his hand on her knee. 

Just now, Cutekats said:

Blake set his things down. He washed his hands in the kitchen and frowned as he heard his roommates's response. He left the things on the counter and followed the sound of her sneezes into the living room. "Oh, hi. Not feeling too well are we?" He smiled sympathetically and sat down on the edge of the couch, his hand on her knee. 

Amber shook her head as he came into the living room, coughing her cough with a tissue. "No." She croaked, and snuffled, a bit confused as he sat on the couch. She did not want him to catch this. It was terrible, yet, his smile was somehow reassuring. "I caught a terrible ahh...ahuxx'tcch!! ahu'xxcht!" She stifled into the tissue, her head bobbing, followed by wet gurgling as she blew her nose. "...stupid cold..." She finished, picking up her teddy bear and cuddling him. "Not even Sir Teddy can cure me." She turned the bear's and made him wave a little 'hello' to Blake.

"Aw I'm sorry hon." He gently stroked her hair back comfortingly. "God bless you," Blake practically cooed. He smiled again at the bear. "Sir Teddy is cute. I like him." He gently pulled the bear from her and had it fake kiss her nose and gave it back to her, watching her cuddle with it. 

1 minute ago, Cutekats said:

"Aw I'm sorry hon." He gently stroked her hair back comfortingly. "God bless you," Blake practically cooed. He smiled again at the bear. "Sir Teddy is cute. I like him." He gently pulled the bear from her and had it fake kiss her nose and gave it back to her, watching her cuddle with it. 

Amber sighed, the back rub helping the ache on her body. "Thanks." She said as he blessed her. Her miserable demeanor breaking with a light-hearted giggle and bashful smile as Sir Teddy kissed her nose. She cuddled happily, appreciative that Blake and Sir Teddy helped. They were simply the best.

"When did you start feeling yucky? Come to think of it I didn't see you this morning..." Concern shone in his brown eyes. Blake felt her forehead. "You want a cold wash cloth or a bag of ice? You feel really warm sweetie."

Just now, Cutekats said:

"When did you start feeling yucky? Come to think of it I didn't see you this morning..." Concern shone in his brown eyes. Blake felt her forehead. "You want a cold wash cloth or a bag of ice? You feel really warm sweetie."

"When I first woke up, I stayed in bed so you wouldn't see." She admitted. "Bag of ice, maybe I'll suck on the ice chips, too." She said, giving another snuffle, cuddling Sir Teddy closer for comfort.  "Did you want to watch a movie together?"

He sighed. Of course she did. That was so like her. Never wanting anyone to worry. "I have some cough drops instead. Those will probably help more than ice." Blake nodded and left the room. He got the bag of cough drops and the ice. He also pulled a blanket off the bed in Amber's room. He tucked it around her and sat down on the chair. He handed her the cough drops and the ice.

3 minutes ago, Cutekats said:

He sighed. Of course she did. That was so like her. Never wanting anyone to worry. "I have some cough drops instead. Those will probably help more than ice." Blake nodded and left the room. He got the bag of cough drops and the ice. He also pulled a blanket off the bed in Amber's room. He tucked it around her and sat down on the chair. He handed her the cough drops and the ice.

"Are they the honey ones?" Amber rasped after him.  She sighed as Blake put another blanket around her. How'd he know she was feeling chilly? She opened the ice chips and started sucking on them while putting the bag to her face. "Was that a 'yes' to the movie?"

He nodded and turned off the lights. "Yes for the movie. And come on silly those are supposed to help your temperature."

2 minutes ago, Cutekats said:

He nodded and turned off the lights. "Yes for the movie. And come on silly those are supposed to help your temperature."

"They do." She shot back She turned on 'My Sassy Girl', a Korean romantic comedy from 2001. "Hope this is okay." She patted the couch. "Hope this is okay."

((What I'm watching now.))

Blake rolled his eyes and joined her on the couch. He pulled her into his lap slowly and nonchalantly. He cudldled up next to her. The movie definitely wasn't his type but he didn't really mind since Amber was there. 

3 minutes ago, Cutekats said:

Blake rolled his eyes and joined her on the couch. He pulled her into his lap slowly and nonchalantly. He cudldled up next to her. The movie definitely wasn't his type but he didn't really mind since Amber was there. 

Amber cuddled back, not saying anything, but kept her mouth and nose covered with a tissue as she applied her bag of ice chips head on, directly to the forehead.

((LOL))

(Not my type either. But I'd rather watch than finish this homework.)

Blake grabbed the ice from her. He held it to her forehead for her so both her hands wouldn't be full. He smiled and chuckled. "Maybe I need gloves for this job."

(Not my type either. But I'd rather watch than finish this homework.)

Blake grabbed the ice from her. He held it to her forehead for her so both her hands wouldn't be full. He smiled and chuckled. "Maybe I need gloves for this job."

"Definitely. I'm contagious" She teased and pecked his cheek. "Whoops." She said, holding up Sir Teddy in defense.

((You go finish homework.))

(I was gone two days... so now I have three days worth of stuff to do. But I'm fine I'm almost done.)

He laughed. "No. I meant it's cold." Blake pressed the ice to her stomach, laughing as she squealed. "See why I need the gloves? Isn't that cold?"

(I was gone two days... so now I have three days worth of stuff to do. But I'm fine I'm almost done.)

He laughed. "No. I meant it's cold." Blake pressed the ice to her stomach, laughing as she squealed. "See why I need the gloves? Isn't that cold?"

"Yeeeesss!!" Amber giggled. "Sir Teddy, defeat the evil dragon." She held up the teddy bear in defense.

((You alright? :( ))

(Yeah. I'm pretty much better now. For the most part.)

Blake smiled and set the ice down on the table. "You're adorable." He laughed. He pet the little stuffed animal. "Where'd you get him?"

(Yeah. I'm pretty much better now. For the most part.)

Blake smiled and set the ice down on the table. "You're adorable." He laughed. He pet the little stuffed animal. "Where'd you get him?"

"You gave him to me, remember?" She grinned, if not a little worriedly as she checked him for a fever now, sniffling.

"I would've remembered if I got him for you. I think you're the one we should be worried about." He kissed her cheek and slipped a piece of ice in his mouth. Chewing ice was just addicting. "This is better than popcorn."

(I wish I could chew ice... my moms a dentist so i get in trouble lol)

Just now, Cutekats said:

"I would've remembered if I got him for you. I think you're the one we should be worried about." He kissed her cheek and slipped a piece of ice in his mouth. Chewing ice was just addicting. "This is better than popcorn."

(I wish I could chew ice... my moms a dentist so i get in trouble lol)

"Mm'hmm." Amber agreed with a smile about the chewing ice part, trying to remember how she got Sir Teddy without much success. "It's good to suck on the bigger pieces, too, and then chomp down on them."

((No chocolate either?))

(I can have chocolate. I just can't open things with my mouth or have jawbreakers or any super hard candy. Or ice. I can't chew it.)

"you've got this down to a science haven't you?" He nuzzled her playfully but gently. He was just enjoying having her laying in his lap. Blake slipped his hand over her stomach and rubbed gently. "Feel good?"

(I can have chocolate. I just can't open things with my mouth or have jawbreakers or any super hard candy. Or ice. I can't chew it.)

"you've got this down to a science haven't you?" He nuzzled her playfully but gently. He was just enjoying having her laying in his lap. Blake slipped his hand over her stomach and rubbed gently. "Feel good?"

"Axhn''xtchh! N'xxtch!" She tsifled into the tissue and nodded. "Yeah, I do. Bless me." She said. She yawned as she he rubbed her tummy, having giggled at his nuzzling. "Yeah, feels good."

((Hard candy you just suck on, though?))

(Yeah.)

Blake let her sneeze but went back to rubbing the smooth skin of her stomach. He picked up Sir Teddy and had him kiss her on the cheek this time, then made him cuddle up to her.