cprlaw08

josi kim - new meridian youtube channel ? (f)

38 posts in this topic

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYReTly6GQY13nP_zcXljNQjos

seems like the old Dr what's his name from the old meridian channels has resurfaced with new video victims - he's even got them using chhinkni in some videos.

Don't get me wrong I do like some of the video content but I can't help feeling bad for these women - most of which if you watch some of the longer ones where they talk about themselves are trying to combat / relief some minor stresses or addiction in their lives and yet are more than likely unknowingly being exploited for fetish purposes ?

I know we had a discussion on the old meridian channels before on a previous topic and there is such a thing as meridian medicine but this all seems too perfect / fetish-y to me ?

still wondering - again from previous posts is this guy an active member on here ?

He's a complete scumbag, whoever he is. He's not even being subtle about it; the use of chhinkni after it was talked about on the forum so much is a huge red flag to me that he's just out pursuing his own horn and taking advantage of people who are seeking help for problems. It's just disgusting. Hope he chokes, to be honest.

If this guy is a member here, I don't expect he's likely to raise his head above the parapet. Despite the excellent quality of the videos, its difficult to enjoy when these girls have obviously been duped into doing this for his own nefarious purposes. I imagine the majority of forum members would take a pretty dim view to him bragging about them on the boards.

I might be confused, but I don't think it's a guy, and I don't think anybody's scamming anybody (unless you think that promoting chakra therapy is itself a scam). I've seen videos where a woman, who appears on screen, takes subjects/patients through this routine with the sneezing. I've also seen similar therapy techniques where patients try to release tension by other means than sneezing.

Chhinkni was picked up on this forum some years ago as a way of pursuing OUR interests, but has been around much longer as an element of Indian (in this case Ayurvedic, I think) medicine.

Well, it might be a man and he might be duping these women (of course it could be a woman who's doing it), but before we metaphorically lynch him or her, should we have evidence?

This isn't some confusion with the old "Dr Samuel Roberts" thing, perhaps? That seemed a lot more clear-cut.

I get your point, and I certainly don't want to accuse anyone out of hand :) However, this does bear some uncanny resemblances to the old 'sabs' videos that appeared on YouTube 3-4 years ago, where the 'practitioner' was indeed a woman. However, if memory serves me, that series of videos ended with her making some kind of impassioned plea to camera for the 'lead practitioner' who had asked her to do it to contact her urgently, before all videos were abruptly pulled. A few of them are still drifting around out there.

Also I would question whether anyone who was being treated for something in a way which meant they had to rub their belly, while standing their underwear and sneeze directly into camera, would be happy for it being uploaded to YouTube and viewable to all? Is that normal practice? I wouldn't be keen to give my consent... And if it is legitimate and yet posted without consent, then that's another grey area... 

2 hours ago, SneezySal said:

I might be confused, but I don't think it's a guy, and I don't think anybody's scamming anybody (unless you think that promoting chakra therapy is itself a scam). I've seen videos where a woman, who appears on screen, takes subjects/patients through this routine with the sneezing. I've also seen similar therapy techniques where patients try to release tension by other means than sneezing.

Chhinkni was picked up on this forum some years ago as a way of pursuing OUR interests, but has been around much longer as an element of Indian (in this case Ayurvedic, I think) medicine.

Well, it might be a man and he might be duping these women (of course it could be a woman who's doing it), but before we metaphorically lynch him or her, should we have evidence?

This isn't some confusion with the old "Dr Samuel Roberts" thing, perhaps? That seemed a lot more clear-cut.

This is true however I do have video evidence somewhere where she was getting her (I think) daughter to sneeze and she was taking instructions via the phone for this same DR guy - ive got the same from the old meridian videos from years back - all seems too familiar and repetitive.

The plot thickens!

Scroll down to the bottom of the 400 or so videos that have now been uploaded and you find this - the first video put up by this channel. This seems incredibly similar to previous mass uploads of these 'study' videos, where the impression is given that someone has been asked to conduct some kind of study only to find they have been abandoned by their instigator. However, she is still uploading at the phenomenal rate.

And who is the mysterious Dr Bryce? Any link to the equally shadowy Dr Michael Samuels? Are they the same person? And surely he should be professor by now?

Anyway, this mystery has been going on a long time - here's a thread from 2008 :D 

that's what I mean - its all too similar :S where does he even recruit all these people from :S

This is the weirdest, most uncomfortable thing. I can only imagine what this mysterious "doctor" is telling these women to get them to devote so much time to making and posting these videos. Seems like some creepy cult shit tbh.

has anyone asked the people who did these videos if what they were doing was helping them emotionally?  maybe this is not a scam (probably is in my opinion) but maybe it does help them.  just trying to play both sides

1 hour ago, chessgod said:

has anyone asked the people who did these videos if what they were doing was helping them emotionally?  maybe this is not a scam (probably is in my opinion) but maybe it does help them.  just trying to play both sides

I'd be glad if that's the case, but I would also think that learning their videos were being used for a completely different purpose might negate any benefit. At least, that's how I'd feel in their shoes. If there are ways to get emotional benefits from these... practices?, I would think they could be enjoyed without having to film it all.

plus we don't really know what the white powder they are using is (we guessed detergent of some kind last time) but could be something potentially harmful

don't think anyone is able to ask them as all videos are comments turned off - the YouTube channels normally wont reply to PMs and will be spontaneously deleted after a few weeks.

Did a quick Google search independent of YouTube to see if there's a way he/she is finding recruits. No luck there. If anyone is familiar with craigs list they could search there. So I found 2 hits of interest: one scam, one indicating someone might actually be conducting a study. I also found google books describing a link to Chinese meridians and sneezing.  So I'd say so far it's inconclusive but I find no pleasure in watching the videos personally. It's linked to stress relief and these women are clearly stressed out. 

http://tesli.org/blog/sneeze-study-scam/

https://www.google.com/amp/minnesota.cbslocal.com/2012/04/17/good-question-why-does-sneezing-feel-so-good/amp/

On 4/10/2017 at 5:24 AM, NoV said:

If this guy is a member here, I don't expect he's likely to raise his head above the parapet. Despite the excellent quality of the videos, its difficult to enjoy when these girls have obviously been duped into doing this for his own nefarious purposes. I imagine the majority of forum members would take a pretty dim view to him bragging about them on the boards.

Exactly this - with no context, these videos would be amazing. However, they're impossible to watch because you can't help but feel bad for the women being scammed. It's not cool to take advantage of someone like this, and I'm embarrassed for these women that these videos are being shown. 

I wish this guy would surface here, I'd love to talk to him and see why he thinks its ok to do this. Imagine how much legwork has to go into a scam like this; for all the time and effort he puts into this, I bet he could definitely find people willing to sneeze on camera for him willingly (and with consent). So I'd like to ask him why he doesn't just do that. 

I think they are sniffing chhinkni and/or calcium powder in those videos.

I hope its chhinkni now - but God knows what its been in previous videos... 

1. 16 hours ago, Ronald Napoli said:

I think they are sniffing chhinkni and/or calcium powder in those videos.

just searched calcium powder as ive never heard of that before and found this ...

2. http://itstartedtogetweird.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/sneezing-for-science.html

3. how would you come to the conclusion of calcium powder may I ask ? that's very specific and not a widely used method ?

4. $5000 ?!?!

I heard them talking about sniffing calcium in some of their video.

got a link to it ?

least that link sorta solves how he operates (on that one particular person anyway)

I do like the videos, but I agree that the women who act as the therapists in these types of videos, as well as the "patients" featured in them, are probably being asked to do this by someone for fetishy reasons. The biggest giveaway is that this is posted on Youtube. For actual therapy sessions, confidentiality rules apply, which means that no legitimate therapist would ever upload video of a therapy session to Youtube. 

On one hand, these videos aren't that different from the other "sneezing challenge" videos that people encourage women to upload to Youtube. It's unlikely they are intentionally creating fetish content. On the other hand, I sure hope that the "patients" in these videos realize that the "therapists" are not following professional rules of conduct and shouldn't be seen as real mental health professionals.

21 hours ago, brokensneeze said:

On one hand, these videos aren't that different from the other "sneezing challenge" videos that people encourage women to upload to Youtube. It's unlikely they are intentionally creating fetish content. 

At least the people that are encouraged to do the "sneezing challenge" videos, however, are voluntarily uploading them to YouTube and for public viewing. Plus, they generally accept these types of challenges and willingly participate, knowing they may look somewhat ridiculous on the internet. 

These girls in the study, however, are just flat out being duped, and having their videos uploaded to YouTube without their consent. They are genuinely attempting to seek help psychological help. That's why you have to feel bad for them - do you know how humiliated they'd be if they learned that not only had they been duped, but video proof of them being duped, as well as them confessing their personal problems been uploaded to YouTube? And that's not even touching on the unknowingly participating in a fetish part....

Posted (edited)

(accidental double post)

Edited by poiub

Yeah, it's all around pretty awful. I also wonder if the participants ever do get paid or if our reputed doctor simply vanishes into the ether once he's got his fill. Sadly I expect it's the latter, although 500+ videos in a month (!) as these ladies have now generated would seem excessive without at least seeing some portion of the funds.

Can't imagine the channel will be around much longer now that it's been unearthed anyway.

On 14/04/2017 at 8:07 PM, cprlaw08 said:

This rabbit-hole gets deeper and deeper...

They keep posting new videos every day...