Sneeze Fetish Forum
Winged

Happy Accidents (m/m)

Winged   
Winged

Hello forum! This thread is going to be composed of pieces featuring my OC Samuel Winters (who I have also featured over in my drabble thread), as well as occasionally his boyfriend Jonah. To start off, we have their first in-person meeting, in which poor Samuel has a horrible cold...

Thread title from "Happy Accidents" by Saint Motel, which is a really great song for their relationship.

--

Samuel had never met the guy, just seen pictures on social media, but the second Jonah Cavanaugh walked into the coffee shop, he knew it was him.

It was a drizzly winter morning, and Jonah was dressed for the weather in a pea coat and dark jeans, with a beanie pulled over wiry black curls. He had inherited his complexion from his mother, an immigrant from India, but his eyes were a startling blue. Hadn’t he said his father was Irish? It would explain the last name.

He spotted Samuel and raised his hand in a wave before beginning to make his way over to the corner table.

“Samuel, right?” He asked with a tentative smile, pausing a few steps away.

“Yes! Hey, it’s so nice to finally meet you,” Samuel said, smiling back as Jonah slid into the chair across from him.

“Likewise,” Jonah said, and extended a hand across the table.

Samuel felt like he was blushing, but it could also be the fever that he was undoubtedly running. “I would totally shake your hand, but I have an awful cold and I really don’t want to get you sick.”

“Ah, I’m sorry,” Jonah said, furrowing his brows the tiniest bit in what looked like concern. He withdrew his hand without making a big deal of it, which Samuel appreciated. “It is that time of year.”

“Yeah, for sure.” Samuel angled himself away from Jonah and coughed into the bend of his elbow, feeling the heat of his breath against the fabric of his jacket. It wasn’t nearly warm enough for the weather outside, but he kept flashing hot and cold and it was impossible to dress for it.

Jonah waited until he had finished before giving a tiny smile and asking, “So how’s Mari doing?”

Samuel grinned. Mari was the mutual friend who had connected them to begin with — she was a good friend of Samuel’s in several of his classes, and she was dating Jonah’s cousin.

“He’s really hot, Samuel,” she confided to him in the computer lab one afternoon. “And I don’t even go for men. But damn.” She whistled.

Samuel laughed. “Does Grace know you’re lusting after her cousin?” He teased.

Mari smacked him none too gently.

By the time Samuel had finished catching Jonah up on Mari’s latest exploits, his sore throat was complaining and he found, frustratingly enough, that his voice was fading.

“I’m going to go order a drink,” Jonah said kindly as Samuel coughed hoarsely into his forearm, not having been able to get to his elbow in time. “Do you want me to get you some tea?”

“Please,” Samuel said, his voice raspy, and dropped his gaze to the table while Jonah got up to order. He pulled out his phone and sent a quick text to Mari.

Samuel: Mari I’m sick as a dog and he’s GORGEOUS

Mari responded almost immediately.

Mari: Aw bud, I told you you needed to be sleeping more >:(

Mari: But YEAH ISN’T HE

Samuel: I’m so mad. I’m pretty sure I look completely disgusting.

Samuel: And now he’s buying me tea

Mari: AWWWWW

Samuel let out a frustrated huff and pocketed his phone again. Since Jonah was still at the counter ordering, he took the moment of solitude to tend to his nose, which was beginning to run after his last coughing fit.

Blowing his nose, however, somehow seemed to make it itch, and Samuel pitched forward into his handful of tissues with a muffled “mmpnxxgh!that made his ears pop.

“Bless you, I think?” 

Samuel glanced up as Jonah set a steaming mug in front of him. His nose was congested enough now that he couldn’t smell the tea itself, but the opaque vapors spiraling off of its surface were warm and comforting.

“Thagks,” Samuel said stuffily. Where his nose had been running before, now he could hardly draw breath through it. Trying to was strenuous enough that it made him cough again, which sent vibrations up through his soft palate that resulted in a breathless, shivering hhh’ISSHHyuu!” into the sleeve of his jacket. 

“Bless you,” Jonah said again, his brows furrowed again. “You don’t sound well.”

Samuel colored, and his gaze dropped to the table, tears pricking in his eyes in spite of himself. Why couldn’t anything ever go right? “I’b so sorry about this, but I did’t want to reschedule and magke you thingk thadt I wasdn’t idterested.” 

He blew his nose, using his last, sodden tissue as an excuse to keep from looking at Jonah. But when he couldn’t avoid it any longer, he found the other man watching him with soft eyes. When was the last time someone had looked at him like that? 

“You’re really cute, you know that?”

Samuel’s breath caught in his throat. What? “Uh…I…”

“And you’re sweet, and Grace speaks the world of you,” Jonah continued on. “So I want you to know that when I say that I want you to go home and rest, it’s not because I don’t want to spend time with you.”

Samuel sighed, deflating a little bit. He really was exhausted, but…

“We can chat while I drink my tea, and then I’ll go home, all right?”

Jonah huffed out a little surprised laugh, but he nodded. “All right.”

Samuel dragged out his tea as long as possible, and by the time he got to the bottom of the mug the liquid was cold. But he learned that Jonah was an IT consultant at an insurance firm in Manhattan, that he had a cat named Lucille, and that he had grown up in Brooklyn but wanted one day to live somewhere new and different.

“I think you’re the first person I’ve ever known who grew up on a farm,” he admitted to Samuel, grinning to himself. “That’s so cool.”

“Well we did’t really grow adythig,” Samuel replied, coughing into his fist. He was congested again, and he felt too hot in this coffeeshop. He hated to admit it, but he was fading fast. “We had horses ad sobetibes cows.”

“Is it too embarrassing to admit that I’ve never seen a horse in person?”

Samuel looked up, aghast, and Jonah looked sheepish. “Not eved moudted patrol?”

“I mean, from a distance? But I’ve never touched one or anything.” Jonah smiled. “They just look so majestic.”

Samuel couldn’t help but chuckle. “They cad also be huge assholes,” he rasped, and raised his elbow to his face for another coughing fit. When he finished, he found Jonah beginning to put on his pea coat.

“You can hardly talk,” Jonah said gently when Samuel looked at him with sad eyes. “I think it’s best we call it a day.”

He wanted to argue, but Samuel was busy folding a napkin over his nose for a hoarse-sounding sneeze. “issshh’uh!” It hurt too much to stifle at this point, but all the same the building pressure in his sinuses made him wince. “You mbay be right.”

They exchanged numbers as they left the coffee shop, and once they were outside Jonah surprised Samuel by stepping in and pressing a kiss to his fever-heated cheek.

“Feel better,” he said kindly, and then he was gone, leaving Samuel touching his cheek and feeling like a teenager again.

Geni101   
Geni101

I'm interested! Continue!:razz:

AnonyMouse   
AnonyMouse

I loved learning more about the both of them. I was also curious about Jonah's name so I'm glad you touched on that. 

“Yeah, for sure.” Samuel angled himself away from Jonah and coughed into the bend of his elbow, feeling the heat of his breath against the fabric of his jacket. It wasn’t nearly warm enough for the weather outside, but he kept flashing hot and cold and it was impossible to dress for it.

God, I'm such a fever whore so I really appreciated that part. I just realized I'm melting and there hasn't even been any sneezing yet! I love how Jonah knows to offer tea - what a sweetheart. :wub: I also loved the "Bless you, I think?" :razz:

"I’b so sorry about this, but I did’t want to reschedule and magke you thingk thadt I wasdn’t idterested.”

aww shit I thought this sounded familiar - was this inspired by that tumblr post? (ETA the tumblr post you authored) I'm so glad to see it playing out, and with my favorite boys, no less!

“You’re really cute, you know that?”

Samuel’s breath caught in his throat. What? “Uh…I…”

“And you’re sweet, and Grace speaks the world of you,” Jonah continued on. “So I want you to know that when I say that I want you to go home and rest, it’s not because I don’t want to spend time with you.”

AHHHHHHjzidirk!!! I didn't think it could get any sweeter after his first comment and then it did. Oh my god I love them.

"He hated to admit it, but he was fading fast." oh heavens.

The kiss at the end... again with that lovely little feverish detail. This was so incredibly wonderful. I'm glad they were able to spend some time together!

Edited by AnonyMouse

Dusty15   
Dusty15

Gahhh! This is ADORABLE! I'm totally looking forward to reading more about these two :wub: 

Quing Nerd   
Quing Nerd

? ? ? ? ?

ellwren   
ellwren

Mmm... yes, please.

Winged   
Winged

@Geni101@Dusty15 @AnonyMouse @Quing Nerd @ellwren Thank you all so much for your comments!! I haven't been doing much writing outside of roleplay recently so I appreciate the positive feedback :D

And Anony, you're such a champion for all my OCs and I really love and appreciate you for that :wub:

Anywho, here's another little (hah, I can't keep things short) piece starring these two boys. This takes place several weeks after their first coffee shop meeting; they've had several dates since that have gone very well and are officially boyfriends. Samuel's over at Jonah's for the first time and they're ordering takeout.

--

Samuel runs his fingers through Lucille’s thick fur, delighting in the purr rumbling up from his lap, and leans into Jonah’s side. “So work was okay?”

He feels Jonah’s shoulders rise and then fall in a shrug. “Not bad,” Jonah responds, his hand also joining Samuel’s in petting the pudgy tabby. Lucille’s purring gets even louder. “I’m just ready for this merger to be over.”

Samuel nods in a way that he hopes is sympathetic. He knows nothing about business or being a cog in the corporation machine, but he knows that Jonah’s company’s upcoming merger is running him ragged. He rubs absently at his eyes. “Did they ever find that work order that was supposed to be in your office last week?”

“No,” Jonah huffs, sinking down further into the couch cushions. “It’s probably ended up in Custodial or Accounting or something. The mail room can’t keep up with all the requests coming in and they keep losing stuff.”

“That sounds like such a pain, I’m sorry.” Jonah leans his head against Samuel’s shoulder, and Samuel cards his fingers absently through his boyfriend’s inky curls. Even in the privacy of Jonah’s small apartment, he still feels a thrill of anxiety and exhilaration touching another man like this.

There’s a knock on the door just then, and Samuel jumps away from Jonah like he’s been scalded.

“It’s just the delivery guy,” Jonah says, shooting him an amused glance as he gets up and rifles through his wallet for cash. Samuel colors and rubs his eyes again. Within the last few minutes they’ve begun to feel dry and itchy, and messing with them just seems to be making things worse.

The itching of his eyes has made his nose run, and as Jonah is paying for their takeout Samuel tents his hands and stifles a “mpxxCHh” that seems to make everything behind his nose and eyes tingle.

“Bless you,” Jonah says automatically as he carries the food to the kitchen and begins unpacking it. “Which did you get again?”

“The, uh, thing with the chicken.”

“They both have chicken.”

“Oh.” Samuel sniffles once, then again when the first isn’t satisfying.

“I think you got the tikka masala,” Jonah decides. He begins to get bowls from the cupboard and shoots Samuel a cheeky grin over his shoulder. “We’ll teach you yet.”

“I still think you should have cooked,” Samuel said, flicking a smile back in return. Jonah just laughs.

“I didn’t want your first experience with Indian food to be my cooking, okay? In case I screwed everything up and you hated it forever.”

“I don’t think that would have happened.” Samuel rubs at his nose fiercely, scrubbing at the delicate membranes with the side of his index finger until his eyes are watering. He still has to sneeze, and he catches another irritated-sounding set of stifles in his cupped hands. “mmmpffCHHh - mmmpfhhXXCH - ISSSH’mmpf!” The last one is only half-stifled, too powerful and itchy to be completely squelched into his palms, and he sniffles liquidly before cupping a hand beneath his nose and fleeing to the bathroom.

He blows his nose, tickling out another sneeze, and then blows again until he feels like his nose is no longer in danger of running. When Samuel looks up and meets his own gaze in the mirror, he winces. His eyes are watering and already beginning to turn pink, and they feel like they’ve been thoroughly rubbed with sand.

It’s still winter, so he shouldn’t be allergic to anything blooming, and the reaction has been so immediate and violent that it has to be something in Jonah’s apartment that’s causing it. He’s not as concerned with that though as he is by the fact that it’s only his fourth time hanging out with Jonah, which would make it exactly ½ of their dates that Jonah had seen Samuel a sneezy, miserable wreck.

Samuel tries to splash water into his eyes, which helps with the itching and redness a little bit, but there’s nothing to be done about the redness around his nostrils or the fact that he seems to be constantly on the edge of a sneeze. He stifles another quick sneeze into his shoulder - he’s going to have to start letting them out soon if he wants the fit to subside - and sniffles before squaring his shoulders and venturing back out into the living room.

“Are you all right?” Jonah asks immediately. He’s setting their food along the bar, but he stops and comes over, making as if to touch his palm to Samuel’s forehead. Samuel ducks around him, shrugging in vague embarrassment.

“I feel fine,” he says, lying a bit through his teeth. “Just got something up my nose, I guess.”

Jonah doesn’t seem to believe him, but he steps away and the two of them take their seats on the stools pushed up against the bar.

“So what am I eating?” Samuel asks, looking down at the delicious-smelling red chicken-and-sauce in front of him.

“Chicken tikka masala,” Jonah says from his left. “Basically just chicken in a tomato-based sauce with some spices. And rice, of course.”

It sounds wonderful, and Samuel manages several bites before the prickling in his nose turns into something more urgent, and he angles his body away from Jonah to sneeze into his napkin. “huhrIIISHHH’uh!”

“Ugh, I’m sorry,” he says just as Jonah blesses him.

“You don’t need to apologize every time you sneeze,” Jonah says, placing his palm comfortingly between Samuel’s shoulder blades. “Are you sure you’re not getting sick?”

Samuel takes a break from scrubbing at his eyes to nod, and Jonah lets out a low hum.

“Your eyes are super red, babe,” he says, the endearment slipping off his tongue like they say it to each other all the time. Samuel feels a flicker of warmth in his chest before he has to lean away from Jonah again to sneeze, then sneeze again.

“I’m --” he starts to apologize, then stops as he meets Jonah’s eyes. “It’s just allergies, I’ll be okay.” But he’s started to sound congested between his sneezes, and he really wishes he could just gouge his own eyes out to end this torture already.

“To what? It’s January.”

At that moment, Lucille the cat paws at the base of Jonah’s chair, meowing plaintively for some scraps. Jonah looks down at his cat, then over at his boyfriend, and sighs. “You should have said you were allergic to cats, Sam.”

“I forgot!” Samuel insists, his voice muffled through the napkin as he scrubs at his twitching nostrils. “And I don’t normally react like this, I usually just sneeze, like, a tiny bit.” He rubs at his eyes again - they’re starting to swell, and they’re watering so badly he can hardly see - and Jonah catches his wrist.

“You were petting Lucille earlier,” he says frankly. “And now you’re touching your face.”

Samuel groans. That’s the difference. “I usually don’t get to pet cats, my brothers are allergic too and we never had them growing up.”

Jonah grabs Samuel’s bowl and takes it back into the kitchen, and when Samuel protests, he rolls his eyes. “I’m putting this in a plastic container so you can eat it later. At your place,” he adds pointedly.

Samuel is so frustrated at this point that there are tears in his eyes (although there were tears in his eyes anyways) -- couldn’t he have one date with Jonah where he doesn’t have to leave early because he’s falling to pieces? But Jonah seems to see him tearing up, and he frowns.

“I just don’t have enough antihistamines here to help,” he says, as if continuing his thought. “You need to go home and shower and take some medicine. But then I can...come over?” His pitch rises a little bit, tentative, “and we can finish our dinner date away from cat dander.”

Samuel wants to argue and say he can tough it out, but his throat and palate are starting to itch as well, and he knows that if he doesn’t head this off now he’ll be a wreck for hours. So he sighs, quite stuffily by this point, and begins to gather his things.

Quing Nerd   
Quing Nerd

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

?????????? good shit go౦ԁ sHit? thats ✔ some good??shit right??there??? right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self ? i say so ? thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ? ?? ?НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ? ?? ? ? ? ? ? ? ??Good shit

Garnet   
Garnet

This is very sweet, I love the tender feelings and embarrassments that come with two characters figuring out a new relationship <3 The pace and writing both feel very natural, please continue!

AnonyMouse   
AnonyMouse

Me, when I read about him rubbing his eyes after petting the cat (love her name, btw!)

Yes.-Good.-Good.-Gif.gif

There’s a knock on the door just then, and Samuel jumps away from Jonah like he’s been scalded

This part was amusing but also kind of sad. Poor Sam, so afraid to just be himself.

Fetishy and lovey dovey parts that made me melt:

Samuel tents his hands and stifles a “mpxxCHh” that seems to make everything behind his nose and eyes tingle.

He blows his nose, tickling out another sneeze

“Your eyes are super red, babe,” he says, the endearment slipping off his tongue like they say it to each other all the time. Samuel feels a flicker of warmth in his chest before he has to lean away from Jonah again to sneeze, then sneeze again.

He rubs at his eyes again - they’re starting to swell, and they’re watering so badly he can hardly see - and Jonah catches his wrist.

Someone taking someone's arm or wrist to stop them from rubbing their eyes/nose/face is such a precious thing. Poor babe, so self conscious about his sneezing. You are just... such an amazing writer and do such a good job developing characters and dialogue. Your writing is like candy. I can't help but wonder if Samuel is sensitive to some of the spices in the Indian food as well? :o)

Geni101   
Geni101

Nice, very nice.