Sneeze Fetish Forum
Sophie<3

Does the mental block ever just fail you?!

Luisa39   
Luisa39

My mental block basically failed me today.  It was a windy day, which meant that a lot of dust, pollen, etc. was flying through the air.  As I was walking past a house with two people (teen girl and a guy -- probably her father) standing in front of it, I felt a strong urge to sneeze.  The mental block prevented it at first; I built up two separate times before the urge became too much, and I...just sneezed!  The sneeze was a quiet single, and I covered it with my left hand.  Looking back, I realized that those two people were still in front of the house.  So, I'd sneezed with others nearby -- though I'm positive they didn't see or hear me, as I was a few yards away from them by the time I sneezed.  No one blessed me, of course.:nosad:  But it's been so long since I've managed to sneeze with anyone else even remotely present, that I regard this incident today as an accomplishment.  I do so want to break my mental block!

brokensneeze   
brokensneeze
On 4/10/2017 at 0:52 PM, Chanel_no5 said:

Are you aware that this has absolutely nothing to do with the actual topic sophie<3 started, and what you're doing now is sharking? Because if you aren't, consider this your enlightenment. Sharking is bad, rude and unpleasant for those targeted. Stop.

Out of curiosity (don't mean to derail the topic), what is "sharking"? As far as I know, questions about how one sneezes, whether people have fits, etc. have been asked umpteen times in the "sneezing surveys" that get posted on the forum repeatedly from time to time. So, does "sharking" just amount to asking random questions that have nothing to do with the topic of a discussion?

tma   
tma

If people answer a survey thread, they 1) know what they are getting into and 2) want to answer questions about their personal patterns.

In this case, Sophie created a thread that was a *general* question about if anyone had the mental block fail.  The purpose in creating wasn't to play "20 questions" with someone who wants to know a bunch of her personal patterns.

When people hammer you with question after question like that, it feels they are looking at you like you are a piece of fetish meat.  Why do that to a person?  This isn't the type of thread that remotely suggests that is wanted.  The person asking all those questions didn't even seem to want to even *pretend* to discuss the actual topic.  And I noticed they shared zero pieces of info about themselves. ;):P

Sophie- sorry for continuing the thread-jack.  I just felt that it was important to let people know why things like that are a problem.

On your topic, I only have a mental block at work, and so far I haven't had that broken.  (Fingers crossed :P )

Sophie<3   
Sophie<3
17 hours ago, brokensneeze said:

Out of curiosity (don't mean to derail the topic), what is "sharking"? As far as I know, questions about how one sneezes, whether people have fits, etc. have been asked umpteen times in the "sneezing surveys" that get posted on the forum repeatedly from time to time. So, does "sharking" just amount to asking random questions that have nothing to do with the topic of a discussion?

Everything tma said. Honestly, I have nothing to add.

4 hours ago, tma said:

If people answer a survey thread, they 1) know what they are getting into and 2) want to answer questions about their personal patterns.

In this case, Sophie created a thread that was a *general* question about if anyone had the mental block fail.  The purpose in creating wasn't to play "20 questions" with someone who wants to know a bunch of her personal patterns.

When people hammer you with question after question like that, it feels they are looking at you like you are a piece of fetish meat.  Why do that to a person?  This isn't the type of thread that remotely suggests that is wanted.  The person asking all those questions didn't even seem to want to even *pretend* to discuss the actual topic.  And I noticed they shared zero pieces of info about themselves. ;):P

Sophie- sorry for continuing the thread-jack.  I just felt that it was important to let people know why things like that are a problem.

On your topic, I only have a mental block at work, and so far I haven't had that broken.  (Fingers crossed :P )

Thank you for explaining it so clearly, tma! ^_^ And please don't worry about thread-jacking! This is an old thread anyway. It's all good. (Fingers crossed that you won't break it in the future, either, if you don't want to. ;) )