Sneeze Fetish Forum
Oceanmountains

I have a few questions!

Oceanmountains

I've known about my fetish since I was little, but I'm pretty new to the forum and I came across a few things recently that have gotten me incredibly interested in learning more about the fetish from a psychological standpoint. 

First of all, does anyone have any relatives that have the fetish (that they know of)? 

Secondly, how many of you have emetophobia as well? I just read a post where someone mentioned they had it (I do too), and was surprised that others in the comments had it as well! I had no idea that there was any correlation and my "psych nerd" self is absolutely intrigued:D

Lauren

Welcome! :)

I don't know of any relatives who have the fetish and given that I've heard everyone in my family sneeze many times, if somebody did have the fetish, they definitely don't have mental blocks like many of us do 

And no, I don't have emetophobia. 

Asexy

I don't know of anyone that has the sneeze fetish in real life, and I do not fear vomit or emesis, but I think I'm slightly more uncomfortable when it happens than some people.

Now I've been lead to believe that many fetishes have begun by consciously known during its bizarre aesthetic appeal to someone at a younger age, and can continue up until they begin to masturbate. What makes someone find anything attractive has its own origin, though I also suspect that anything that is likely to be fetishized is going to have some type of rarity regarding it's presence. It's the only reason why I people aren't likely to be sexually aroused by nature, space, etc.. just something they somehow find attractive that they don't see every day. 

And of course many sneeze fetishes have emetophobia, but it's a very common fear.

Reader

No known relatives that have the fetish

I have emetephobia. Doesn’t matter whether it’s an animal or a human. I hate it

Oceanmountains
21 minutes ago, Asexy said:

I don't know of anyone that has the sneeze fetish in real life, and I do not fear vomit or emesis, but I think I'm slightly more uncomfortable when it happens than some people.

Now I've been lead to believe that many fetishes have begun by consciously known during its bizarre aesthetic appeal to someone at a younger age, and can continue up until they begin to masturbate. What makes someone find anything attractive has its own origin, though I also suspect that anything that is likely to be fetishized is going to have some type of rarity regarding it's presence. It's the only reason why I people aren't likely to be sexually aroused by nature, space, etc.. just something they somehow find attractive that they don't see every day. 

And of course many sneeze fetishes have emetophobia, but it's a very common fear.

Interesting theory! I didn't know that emetophobia was a common fear to be honest; that makes more sense. 

Asexy
8 minutes ago, Oceanmountains said:

Interesting theory! I didn't know that emetophobia was a common fear to be honest; that makes more sense. 

About 7% of the globe has it, but it's much more common in women. Definitely a fairly common fear than unfortunately many sufferers worry about all the time.

castiel_angel

Nobody in my family has the fetish, and as for emetophobia I have that most definitely. Like I seriously cannot even handle anything about vomiting😫

Oceanmountains
10 minutes ago, Asexy said:

About 7% of the globe has it, but it's much more common in women. Definitely a fairly common fear than unfortunately many sufferers worry about all the time.

I wonder if there's a link between emetophobia and generalized anxiety because I have pretty bad anxiety on top of it. This stuff is so interesting to me.

Oceanmountains
1 hour ago, Lauren said:

Welcome! :)

I don't know of any relatives who have the fetish and given that I've heard everyone in my family sneeze many times, if somebody did have the fetish, they definitely don't have mental blocks like many of us do 

And no, I don't have emetophobia. 

You have a good point with the mental block; everyone in my family is totally open about sneezing whenever/wherever so I doubt anyone else has it (although not everyone with the fetish has the block... but even so they are wayyy too casual regarding the topic of sneezing). 

MeForever

I don't know any relatives that have the fetish and I do have emetophobia, most definitely.

Avengers18

Hmm I don't know of any relatives that do...but I could always be wrong ;). I've never heard of emetophobia until today lol

SneezyHolmes

No known relatives have it as far as I'm aware of and I only have very mild emetophobia that pertains to real life situations. If emetophilia is in fanfiction/roleplays then I'm one hundred and ten percent for it! :wub:

I love Alan Rickman
Posted (edited)

Don’t know if any of my relatives have the fetish, and I know I would never ask.

And I have very bad emetophobia for real life situations. Like if I come across a situation where someone recently did that v you know what or someone is doing that, I will start trembling in fear and literally get out of the situation ASAP and as fast as possible and then start sobbing, panicking, and praying I don’t get sick from them. In movies or videos: also super scary but not as bad. But if it’s graphic or super obvious that it’s not a dry heave, though, I’ll still shut eyes, plug my ears, shake, and—depending on the situation—maybe start crying too. Dry heaves aren’t much of an issue though if it’s just a video or movie, except I start to get paranoid they might do the thing and don’t calm down until I’m certain whatever caused that with the character or person is gone and it’s the next scene after that certainty.

Surprisingly, though, even though description makes me kind of see things very clearly in my mind’s eye, even graphic descriptions of the v thing in a story or fanfiction that is not real will only make me grossed out and not even tremble. It’s odd.

Edited by I love Alan Rickman

Prongs

I don’t have any blood related family who has the fetish (that I’m aware of), although I have wondered if it’s genetic or runs in families. They’re certainly good at acting natural if they do have it! Weirds me out to think about though :blink:

And yes, I have emetophobia. Big time. Always have, since as long as I can remember. It usually eases up and gets worse in phases, like it’s been a while since I’ve freaked about about the possibility of me/someone else getting sick but in high school I left school early several times and would skip school because the fear was so irrational :rollhmm:

peach_princess

1). Nooo, my relatives are either extremely open about sneezing (e.g. laughing and joking), or don't care at all. I've always been very alert (obviously), but never noticed any signs proving that anyone I know had this fetish. 

2). I've never heard of emetophobia before 😕 Well, it definitely is disgusting, but no fear at all when I see it, in movies or in real life. Honestly, I don't think there can be any connection between the fetish and this phobia, since they are both quite rare...