Sneeze Fetish Forum
qloss

What kind of contagion do you prefer in fiction?

qloss

That is to say, how do you like it portrayed. Recently I’ve seen a few fics on here where sick people sneeze directly into the character’s face and it feels a little unrealistic imo. So what’s your favorite was of contaminating an area/a character that you’ve seen in fic or come up with for a fic?

Please do not post observations of real people unless under the guise of fiction. 

Boba

idk, sometimes I like the sneezing right in the face scenario if it's like a total accident kind of thing. I'm not really into the fics where like a person is intentionally trying to infect people or a person informs their sick friend that they want to get sick, and the sick friend indulges them. That kinda grosses me out lol, and a lot of the reason I like contagion is like the caretaking and weakness. So my favorite contagion would probably be the kind of scenario where someone is sick and vulnerable and trying to be considerate, but still the person that cares about them and was taking care of them gets sick. But sometimes I like different scenarios if they're written well! Sometimes I like when the sick character is too weak to really control / care about the spread of disease. But sometimes I just want a likable character that is doing their best to have good manners lol.

snuffle-bunny

I've used the idea in several things I've written, of a bedridden man with a bad cold sneezing all over the bosom of the woman taking care of him and then apologizing and telling her he doesn't want to get her sick too...and her telling him it doesn't matter in the least, and then when she does of course catch his cold she lets him take care of her.

aName

I love a good apocalyptic "evil genius creates virus that infects the entire world" kind of thing, with an unlucky person being chosen as patient zero, while also following a group of people "experiencing" the whole ordeal :D

superimmunegirl

THe sneezing in the face thing can be nice but I often prefer it to be more subtle. I enjoy stories where a person doesn’t even know they are being infected. I used to have a daydream of someone going into a telephone booth (I’m dating myself) with a terrible cold and sneezing all over,  leaving, then another unsuspecting person enters the booth a few minutes with no idea that they are breathing in a cloud of cold germs. I like someone being in a store or classroom or airplane with cold stricken people, and the air is just filled with germs, no way to avoid it. I also like stories where people get it through kissing, either on purpose or not, sometimes B&D...basically I like just about every cold contagion situation you can think of...except I don’t like mess and I don’t like the sn- word!

superimmunegirl
On 9/10/2018 at 11:39 AM, aName said:

I love a good apocalyptic "evil genius creates virus that infects the entire world" kind of thing, with an unlucky person being chosen as patient zero, while also following a group of people "experiencing" the whole ordeal :D

Ha I like that kind of thing too...and colds from magic spells as well!

Feo

I like it to happen naturally. Like just spending time together, being close, sharing the same bottle of water etc 

Likesn

I like to read about contagion portrayed in various ways (as long as it's between women ;) ). Sometimes, I would enjoy reading about unintentional contagion, sometimes about subtle contagion, and sometimes about blunt "in your face" (so to speak) contagion. For me, if the writing is good, I can enjoy reading about almost any sort of contagion between women, although I'll admit I often feel uncomfortable reading about contagion involving food, especially descriptions of directly consuming snot via food or drinks, because, honestly- gross.

CeruleanBlue
On 9/14/2018 at 5:46 AM, Likesn said:

directly consuming snot via food or drinks, because, honestly- gross.

Ewwwwwww, agreed.

I like a lot of forms of contagion. I like the accidentally sneezing in the other’s face trope, I like when it’s just from spending time together (especially if it’s hinted at subtly, even though the character doesn’t realize, e.g. he has to clear his throat or he coughs/sneezes “randomly” or because of “allergies” or “dust” etc), I like when it’s clearly going to happen due to some situation (e.g. I read this Supernatural fic once that absolutely killed me where Sam and Dean were stuck in a coffin together and Sam had a bad cold and kept sneezing), I like when it’s because of one simple thing (accidentally touching something the sick person sneezed on, etc), I like when everyone else is getting sick and one person is healthy but obviously not for long, I like when it’s intentional. I absolutely love contagion, which is interesting because I’m actually germaphobic.

Sequoia
2 minutes ago, CeruleanBlue said:

I absolutely love contagion, which is interesting because I’m actually germaphobic.

This is so me :D I love reading about it, especially when it's subtle or "caused" by caretaking. I'm not into the to-the-face-sneeze (chest/hair/shoulder is totally fine and sometimes very cute), but I enjoy fics with totally careless persons that don't cover their coughs/sneezes, touch everything etc. and infect about everyone without intent - as long as they don't sneeze into faces. I once got coughed into the face by a friend of mine and it was just... gross. Don't wanna remember it :shock: And I hate to meet these persons in real life. I also hate being stuck with sick people in a room (classroom, waiting hall, family house D: ), unless they're really attractive (:D)... I'm okay with witnessing/noticing contagion as long as I'm not involved. If I'm involved, it just feels wrong (illness is part of my fetish, after all) and makes me angry at these persons although it's not exactly their fault. But in fics it's just the best.